Sign in to follow this  
stlc

New user, Live Expat, being reviewed, but items will be gone by tomorrow

stlc    10
stlc

Hi there!

I have chosen 12 of gems from West Coast Trading, that I would like to purchase for my wedding.

I just registered on bidorbuy yesterday and when I went to continued to check out, it stopped me? "Your ability to bid or buy is being reviewed."

I have no idea what to do?

Some of the gems will no longer be available by tomorrow.

I tried to contact the seller to tell them this, but no allowed to do that either?

I then sent this msg to the support email

I have an official ticket number and no one is getting back to me and the items will be gone by tonight.

This is terrible customer service!

I am a South African living expat in Ivory Coast and I am sure that is the reason why I have been listed as High Alert.

I read on the Forums that bid or buy will send me forms to secure that I am not a risk, I have received no such forms.

Please Help me!?

Warm Regards,

Olivia

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
Hi there!

I have chosen 12 of gems from West Coast Trading, that I would like to purchase for my wedding.

I just registered on bidorbuy yesterday and when I went to continued to check out, it stopped me? "Your ability to bid or buy is being reviewed."

I tried to contact the seller to tell them this, but no allowed to do that either?

I have an official ticket number and no one is getting back to me and the items will be gone by tonight.

I am a South African living expat in Ivory Coast and I am sure that is the reason why I have been listed as High Alert.

I read on the Forums that bid or buy will send me forms to secure that I am not a risk, I have received no such forms.

Please Help me!?

Warm Regards,

Olivia

Hi Olivia,

You can contact the seller with a question.If this is not allowed either then you can contact the seller via another of his listings if this one sells

I would not take the restriction personally as it is probably a security measure for all users benefit.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Welcome Olivia.

I am not sure I understand, what do you mean you chose 12 gems then went to checkout and got a message, did you bid on 12 gems then? If you bid on 12 gems then why will they no longer be available tomorrow?

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

As a gem seller, I would be wary of pushy buyers.

Received an email directly earlier this week referring to my gems available on BoB asking if I don't mind selling directly, shipping to a country other than where they are based, plus to pay via credit card. (they provided their BoB username, but I just deleted it without replying. Never even thought of keeping note of the name as I assumed it was a once-off thing. Not saying that it is the user concerned who started this thread, but "Olivia" and gems does sound awfully familiar!)

With the amount of scams and fraudsters out there who are targetting the gem and jewellery communities, I would rather lose a potential "honest" sale than risk being in harms' way. Almost daily I receive emails from the jewellery council with info on the latest individuals who have tried their luck at various businesses in SA. (and in every single case the person involved tries to pay via credit card - it is never a cash transaction)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Cali, I can understand your feelings and experiences only too well. But the logic of someone paying cash when they are outside South Africa is surely less easy than them using a credit card? I apologise if I've got the wrong end of the stick!

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

Janet you can still read the deleted question by choosing the deleted option on your "All questions " page

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

@Lily - international buyers have no choice but to use credit card for payment, but there are certain "hot spots" and problems that one has to be aware of that also stand out from the regular "run of the mill" or innocent purchases. (example: I'm in country XYZ in the middle of Africa, and the items will have to be sent to Singapore, etc)

@Geewhiz - the query was done via email and not via the BoB Q&A system, and I empty out my email trash several times a day so it's "gone". It is not difficult to get hold of me offline by doing a little searching on the web... (thus the frequent offline contact which I tend to ignore)

qball    10
qball
Hi there!

Please Help me!?

Warm Regards,

Olivia

Dear Olivia

Thank you for your email, as per our auto response ticketing system, emails can take up to 2 working days to be responded to. Due to your location IP and details registered, our system flagged this. Please refer o you email sent from our Helpdesk system a few moments ago.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.