Sign in to follow this  
dstorm

Share!

dstorm

Hello all stamp collectors

What is happening to the Stamp Forum?

I know! The Wednesday listings are now mostly consisting of quality items. And I know! Motlanthe stamps took the long awaited crash. So most posters simply went quiet.

Listing images on the forum is now so simple that even I get it right (now and then).

So let us start sharing knowledge. With images!

Seahorses, KEVIII, Belgian Railways, Homelands, Union, Inflation, etc.etc.

Thanks and regards

Jacques

(OK, perhaps I was the only one who had to work this weekend – missing out on the wonderful trip to Dulstroom / Clarens / Franschoek / Midlands).

alloway65

Hi Jacques,

Correct, a bit quiet on the Forum of late.......but what if the PB have printed Zuma Stamps and he is not elected.....then more fun!

Some of us oldies dont have to holiday during the busy periods...we at least enjoyed the great weather over the Easter weekend, watch fantastic Crictet and quaffed wine under the trees!

I feel that some of the Stamp Bobbers are Philatelic snobs, and dont have time for us mere mortals that do not specialize is specific aspects of our hobby (business)!

I see micro varieties are all the rage again.....must get my microscope out!

To deviate slightly I had one of my R5 Mandala Birthday Coins graded MS68....quite chuffed!

Still have to figure out how to get my "picture" onto my postings!

Keep up the good work Jacques as the three threads that interest me are all very quiet.

Have a good week.

Best regards

David

dstorm

Hello David

Thanks for the reply. I thing Gabriel1 and dstorm are now bored with each other.

Yes, these microscopic varieties. On many of the Union and early RSA commemoratives the so-called “varieties” are actually printing characteristics. The challenge is to find the perfect stamp, in other words, without these varieties. Just think about the Union Victory issue or the RSA Verwoerd Dam issue.

Putting a picture on the forum is now a simple as adding an attachment to an email. Easy!

And another YES! We are now surrounded by snobs. Savo is so busy making money, he had to employ a full time accountant. The Seahorsefanatic bought a stamp the price of my car. KennyN is too busy looking at his KE VIII. Colin simply left us… etc. etc.

And most of the regular stamp sellers on BidorBuy would never ever post anything.

All of the best for the week.

Regards

Jacques

admin

Hi Guys,

Why don't you put a link in your auctions/buy now's inviting your fellow philatelists to join you on the forum ?

Regards

dstorm

Thanks admin!

Brilliant idea.

I will do it with all my future listings.

Regards

Jacques

kennyn

Hi Jacques

I think I will post an advert telling everyone that you are selling everything in your shop at R5.00 so you are overwhelmed with customers as your wit is only exceeded by the apparant ammount of leisure time you appear to have(Get those Exhibition Frames started!)

Ok,ok , point taken I have been extremely lazy recently,but I assure you I will return to the forum with renewed vigour and barely concealed sarcasm.

I will also get off my posterior and post some interesting topics ,ie How to invest in Revenues and maybae even the do's and donts of buying German inflation stamps(more than 70% of the used better values are forged postmarks).

That is once Alex shows me how to do the pictures and all the techno gaff!

In the meantime let me finish a wee Caol Ila,the little bit left in the bottle has been nagging me for a while.

Kindest Regards

Kenny

KWALITY STAMPS

Been shopping

Actually Jacques, i had to fire the accountant, was converting everything into Zim dollars, must apologise for my lack of appearance on the forum, i have just spent 2 months cataloguing an amazing collection, it has literally taken me the last 2 months of blood, sweat and tears going through this collection, and yes, some of it has been put up on BoB. And let's not forget my other job, that of a film maker, we are at the tail end (not a variety) of finishing my first movie, I believe my film is opening the Grahamstown film festival. Another week and I would have made my first feature film, it has taken me 2 1/2 years to get to this point, now i have to sell it and try and make some money back. (you know the story of the struggling artist, living on baked beans and all that). Nest week I'm off to London to buy more stamps and promote my film. Very difficult to decide which is my job and which is my hobby, i get to play in both fields. Anyway, i promise I will try to write more and kenny, please let me know what special Jauques has going for R5. I'm very interested, especially if it is rare, scarce and maybe his last one. Have a great day. Savo

dstorm

See, there you have it.

Be nice to people and they ignore you.

Add a bit of sarcasm and you get reaction.

Do not blame me, please see it from my side. Got a bit lonely.

Thanks Kenny and Savo. I was just wondering whether your computers were still OK.

For how long have you known me Kenny? All my time is Leisure Time.

As far as the exhibition is concerned, I have almost started on my first page.

Very seriously, hope to see you all next Saturday. Found a bottle of Glen Livet under my desk, while looking for some FDC’s. The question is all about loyalty to friends. Shall I share it / do I have to share it?

Regards

Jacques

PS. Regarding the R5-00 specials, you are both just out. Motlanthe First day Covers are selling at R5-05 and not R5-00! Check with our local New Issue Agent!

kennyn

Hello Jacques

Bottle of Glenlivit you say?

Let me immediately apologize for my sarcasm,I humbly succumb to the fact that the reason you were the only one posting(along with Gabriel 1) was due to your undivided dedication and devotion to the fields of philatelty and absolutely nothing to do with spare time.

Furthermore,what assistance can we offer for your exhibit?Research?,Sticking on those little corners?Anything,ust name it,and we will be there.Nothing is too much trouble!

Yours in the pursuit of the perfect malt

Kenny

Kit W

Hi David

Really nice to see that the leisure time is focused on the forum again. As soon as Jaques has given you nice easy steps to include our "pictures" with all postings, I will be able to follow suit. After making my "X' on the 22nd I will have time to figure it out & consider in what way I can make the JZ issue attractive to send over to Nephew in Vancouver!! Jacques, the cricket is all but done & dusted so please don't make it too involved - tried the "copy" & "paste" but no sucess. Not being a whisky drinker I may just have a peep into the old Captain - it really makes me a dash more wiser

Regards

Kit W;)

dstorm

Hello KitW

Lovely to hear from you again.

Please read admin’s post under Forum Rules and Information on how to add images.

I loved the cricket. I do not mind the RSA losing, but please not against Australia!

Do not be too worried about the JZ issue. A couple of sellers on BidorBuy will come up with some magnificent monstrosities.

Watch out about becoming too wise. I once had a conversation with kennyn (around some whiskies) about having an “alternative” exhibition. Now we are in trouble, having to host this event!

The dates are 25th and 26th of July.

Regards

Jacques

2dblue
Colin simply left us… etc. etc.

Jacques

Nice - thanks for the vote of confidence. Sorry i have not been very active lately. My company is going through a hell of a time and i have been up to my eyeballs with union meetings and work place forums as my employer has declared a section 189 (intention to retrench)

However - i am back and where possible, i will attempt to make a valuable contribution to the forum. Difficult though when i am in the presence of such a wealth of knowledge.

:)