Sign in to follow this  
vaughanza

New to Bid or Buy R1.00 Bids ?

vaughanza    10
vaughanza

Hi

I am trying to understand this, how does anyone make any money if there item goes for R1.00 ?

How does a seller make any money if it goes for R1.00 ?

Thanks

Vaughan

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

It's a gamble!

vaughanza    10
vaughanza

Are you serious , my daughter bought a Android Tablet for R1.00 and paid for the shipping. She received it and it works fine, wifi everything.

I just thought there has to be a catch somewhere .

Thanks

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

The seller is obviously hoping for a bidding war, congratulations to your daughter!

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Also, sometimes the shipping charges cover the cost of the item.

vaughanza    10
vaughanza

That's true , Shipping costs from there was about R350. Well did my first Bid and see how it goes .

Thanks

wayjen    10
wayjen

Welcome!

Those auctions are always discussed her on the forum with various trains of thought as to why people do them. You are lucky to win a R1.00 and get something worth 100 more then what it was selling for but be aware that some Sellers make up the shortfall via postage which is illegal in BoB's eyes.

The Seller on a R1.00 auction must be prepared to let the item go for a R1.00 even though they were hoping for an auction fight which sometimes does happen. We have, on occasion, got Sellers coming to the forum moaning about how they lost on a R1.00 auction and likewise Buyers coming here crying that they had a bid and the bid was deleted because the Seller felt that R1.00 was not a fair price.

Just be careful and please read all info supplied by the Seller and that goes for ALL auctions on BoB and anywhere else.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I've picked up many R1.00 bargains but, then, I've probably lost an equal amount when other people have got bargains from me. But it is all a great deal of fun - BoB becomes an addictive hobby if you let it!