Sign in to follow this  
ProRay

Unlocked phones

ProRay    10
ProRay

Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing an iphone 5, I see a lot of unlocked phones for sale.

Is there any risks in buying an unlocked phone? what are the warrenties on them?

Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated. :cheesy:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Welcome to the forum, ProRay.

Different sellers afford buyers different "risks". It's very difficult to answer your questions on warranties because different sellers have different warranties. Whilst you may be lucky and get a bargain on BoB (lots of us do) I cannot comment on iphones as I've never bid on, let alone, won one.

Come on other forumers - can you help ProRay here?

ProRay    10
ProRay

Thx for the response Lilthepink

wayjen    10
wayjen

I don't know much about phones but what do you mean unlocked, are you buying from over the seas because I read/heard somewhere that phones in SA are not supposed to be locked.

technolab    10
technolab

When it comes to apple's product I would rather recommend you to buy factory unlocked phone.

Ask seller whether phone is factory unlocked or unlocked using accessories (like Gevey SIM, R-SIM or Ultrasnow). No warranty for the phones unlocked using accessories.

There is always risk updating to latest iOS with unlocked kinda iPhones

Always go for Factory Unlocked iPhone.

johnkingx    10
johnkingx

some locked phones are stolen so be careful, if the police find u with the phone u could be arrested, worst still if there was a murder assocated with the robbery u could go to jail for a crime u didn't commit. if u are to buy a phone from someone, insist they give u their id, phone slips and enter into a sales agreement