Sign in to follow this  
extreme_it

No Feedback From Buyer

extreme_it    10
extreme_it

Hi all...

I made 2 sales last year. It all went ok and buyers received their items. But I never heard from them again. What happens when buyers don't leave a feedback for the seller? Will there be an automatic feedback after a certain time?

Thanks

wayjen    10
wayjen

We all wish it was that easy. We all get reminders to rate each other but some choose to ignore that mail.

alloway65    10
alloway65

As far as I can ascertain about 20% of buyers dont rate.:shock:

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Righto alloway65, 20 % same here, and some people that will give feedback, will only give 1 feedback even though they won and purchased multiple items.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Sometimes people rate you on in an email response instead of rating you on the actual site, this happens with newbies sometimes.

moodTime    10
moodTime

Sellers and buyers should just get default positive rating after a certain period if no rating have been given :)

alloway65    10
alloway65
Sellers and buyers should just get default positive rating after a certain period if no rating have been given :)

Then if the buyer/seller disagrees with the positive rating they can change it.......this I hope would force lazy raters to do a rating!

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Disagree completely, There are many buyer I do not give feedback to for various reason, some mutual (meaning the sale did not go through by mutual consent) or a SNC was filed and the perspective buyer was particularly difficult and I don't want to stir the hornets nest.

For those people, to receive automatic positive default feedback would not be a honest interpretation of the buyer/seller's profile

Anybody who as been at this for any amount of time, can read between the lines where feedback is concerned.

alloway65    10
alloway65
Disagree completely, There are many buyer I do not give feedback to for various reason, some mutual (meaning the sale did not go through by mutual consent) or a SNC was filed and the perspective buyer was particularly difficult and I don't want to stir the hornets nest.

For those people, to receive automatic positive default feedback would not be a honest interpretation of the buyer/seller's profile

Anybody who as been at this for any amount of time, can read between the lines where feedback is concerned.

You have a point.........oh so that is why you did not rate me!!!!

....................................only joking.:whistling:

moodTime    10
moodTime

We will have to agree to disagree :) By not rating a perspective buyer that was particularly difficult after a SNC was filed then means this buyers ratings profile is not a honest interpretation of their buying profile.

Edited by moodTime

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Well, my thoughts are that ratings are better not given when there is just a slight hitch which was amicably resolved between the parties. For instance, if by mutual agreement a sale does not go through then that warrants no rating on either side or else it is a false reflection of sales. That's just my 2 cents worth again ...

I would prefer not to be rated at all, rather than get a negative or neutral rating for some insignificant difference of opinion, for instance.

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

"Read between the lines" Are you saying that the 672 items you have sold compared to the 521 ratings given is a reading between the lines

You have 100% positive feedback so the differance of 151 would br neutral or negative.Just asking

I often find buyers who do not rate me do not rate other sellers either.

svw    10
svw
We will have to agree to disagree :) By not rating a perspective buyer that was particularly difficult after a SNC was filed then means this buyers ratings profile is not a honest interpretation of their buying profile.

Agree - I think it is our responsibility as sellers to rate a buyer accordingly and to state honestly the reason why we are giving that rating. Admittedly it can be a tad frustrating when buyers do not rate but that's just part and parcel of selling...

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Precisely! my dear moodtime, alas this brings us to full circle, with establishing the 20% ratio over the items sold in total. if this ratio is substantially higher you can calculate a percentage of incomplete or unhappy buyers/sellers who do not want to risk the hassle of revenge bullying

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
"Read between the lines" Are you saying that the 672 items you have sold compared to the 521 ratings given is a reading between the lines

You have 100% positive feedback so the differance of 151 would br neutral or negative.Just asking

I often find buyers who do not rate me do not rate other sellers either.

Geewizz, that is about 20% (as established is the not rating rate:wink: Plus I am a big advocate of our platform, and also buy! The last thing I want to do is bug a buyer who has not rated me for a feedback score....it's a lot like poking a sleeping dog with a sharp stick, they really don't want to be bothered, and are likely to turn on you!

Edited by Just Beachin

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
Geewizz, that is about 20% (as established is the not rating rate:wink: Plus I am a big advocate of our platform, and also buy! The last thing I want to do is bug a buyer who has not rated me for a feedback score....it's a lot like poking a sleeping dog with a sharp stick, they really don't want to be bothered, and are likely to turn on you!

When an SNC is filed on mutual agreement neither buyer nor seller can rate ,nor does it reflect in the number of sales.

What I am trying to point out to you is--You say for various reasons you dont rate buyers and their ratings whether 100% or not can be "read between the lines"--Not as good as it seems I assume.

Does this then not apply to me and you with sales exceeding number of ratings??

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
When an SNC is filed on mutual agreement neither buyer nor seller can rate ,nor does it reflect in the number of sales.

What I am trying to point out to you is--You say for various reasons you dont rate buyers and their ratings whether 100% or not can be "read between the lines"--Not as good as it seems I assume.

Does this then not apply to me and you with sales exceeding number of ratings??

Gee your wrong on point one, yes I can rate buyers who lose the SNC, be it consensual or not and Honestly, I don't know where you are going with this, but I still don't want to poke that dog with a sharp stick!

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
You have a point.........oh so that is why you did not rate me!!!!

....................................only joking.:whistling:

There is no proper rating for somebody as wonderful as you! :wub:

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
Gee your wrong on point one, yes I can rate buyers who lose the SNC, be it consensual or not and Honestly, I don't know where you are going with this, but I still don't want to poke that dog with a sharp stick!

Perhaps my 100% and your 100% ratings are because "our buyers" dont want to poke us with the wrong stick.Get my drift??:colbert: I did not say you can't rate a buyer who loses the SNC. I said if when an SNC is a mutual agreement it is cancelled"No one at fault" and neither can rate.Nor is there a sale so it will not add 1 to your sales:rolleyes:

Edited by geewhizz

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
Perhaps my 100% and your 100% ratings are because "our buyers" dont want to poke us with the wrong stick.Get my drift??:colbert: I did not say you can't rate a buyer who loses the SNC. I said if when an SNC is a mutual agreement it is cancelled"No one at fault" and neither can rate.Nor is there a sale so it will not add 1 to your sales:rolleyes:

Maybe you can't, but I can:rolleyes: and it does show up as a number under sales, I Think Admin should step in and clarify our friendly disagreement:idea:

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

Beachin the issue here is not so much the SNC's.What I am trying to clarify is what you meant by "Reading between the lines" as regards the number of sales compared to the number of ratings.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
Beachin the issue here is not so much the SNC's.What I am trying to clarify is what you meant by "Reading between the lines" as regards the number of sales compared to the number of ratings.

for me, reading between the lines means Inferring information not explicitly stated.

For example, if I were a reader of this thread, I would read between the lines and see two people arguing about something completely off topic:embarrest:

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

"Reading between the lines" meant that the number of ratings compared to the number of sales shows it is not a true reflection of the sellers performance.

This, therefore, will include me and you.This is a question: How would you read between the lines of Just Beachin's profile if you were buying something from her when taking the number of sales and ratings into account? I mean you said this yourself.If the ratio of ratings to sales is 20% you have 20% of unhappy buyers.You therefore have 151 in total. I have 700 in total.If I have let 700 people down please open a hole in the ground so that I can bury myself in it.

I would like my buyers to communicate the smallest dissatisfaction to me so that I can correct it.

I never mislead in a listing and if I make a mistake I want to be the first to know about it so that I can correct it.

Edited by geewhizz

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Gee, your like a dog with a bone, I don't know what in the world your talking about anymore. I get repeat sales from many of the people that don't leave feedback. If people don't want to leave feedback, there just not gonna, and that's the essence of this thread .When I look at someones feedback with the intent of buying from them, I don't even consider that obscure mathematical equation. If I were to look at your profile, I would have no problem trusting you, but honestly, your beginning to scare me:worried:

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
Precisely! my dear moodtime, alas this brings us to full circle, with establishing the 20% ratio over the items sold in total. if this ratio is substantially higher you can calculate a percentage of incomplete or unhappy buyers/sellers who do not want to risk the hassle of revenge bullying

You said this.If this applys to other users then it applys to you and me

Edited by geewhizz