Sign in to follow this  
Seeds for Africa

Question for someone at bob?

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Can someone at bob tell me if there is a way that a customer who hasnt processed checkout on an auction, can generate an eft code to make a payment.

Thanks

admin    0
admin

As far as I know you have to complete the order first.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

For your own protection, I would suggest you check out, That way you can rate the seller, if you do not receive your item as specified, and hassle free service and communication. Otherwise, you can ask the seller for the bank details......but you would be putting yourself at risk without support of the very wise people you are asking. Think about it, why would you want to lose the support of this platform, and take the risk?

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Not a chance! You won't get an EFT (ref number) code without completing your order first.

Edited by MiemsJewels

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
As far as I know you have to complete the order first.

Thanks Andries. I had a case today of a buyer who insists he has paid via Bobpay eft yet he hasnt checked out on his auctions yet. Still waiting for the copy of the payment but I doubted whether he could have paid via bobpay without checking out.

Thanks

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Auctions work slightly different. Once a buyer wins an auction, an order is automatically created. The order in that case is just a "skeleton order" in the sense that it will only know what auctions are part of it. The order itself has no knowledge yet about shipping or selected payment option.

As such, winning an auction will automatically result in an order, however a payment reference will only be generated once the user goes through the payment step.

@Grant - we do have buyers who use a previous EFT reference and are therefor of the opinion that they paid. This is the case, but payments will not be matched automatically and our finance team does the matching manually. If you need to get clarity on the payment, it's best to contact customer care.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Auctions work slightly different. Once a buyer wins an auction, an order is automatically created. The order in that case is just a "skeleton order" in the sense that it will only know what auctions are part of it. The order itself has no knowledge yet about shipping or selected payment option.

As such, winning an auction will automatically result in an order, however a payment reference will only be generated once the user goes through the payment step.

@Grant - we do have buyers who use a previous EFT reference and are therefor of the opinion that they paid. This is the case, but payments will not be matched automatically and our finance team does the matching manually. If you need to get clarity on the payment, it's best to contact customer care.

Thanks Mac, much appreciated.

voldermort    10
voldermort

This is indeed so. I have quite a few buyers who never complete their auction orders yet pay timeously, as Mac said just using an old order number for reference - then too even though I do not offer BobEFT I have had a few random buyers who have paid via this method. So yes, it can be done :hm: