Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

What A Difference A SNC Makes....

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Auction closes with winning bid. Winning email notification sent. Reminder email sent day four. SNC filed day seven. Remember... no contact from Buyer; zip, nadda, zilch.

Buyer(s) appeal SNC (or not) and send email with 'reason' for not remitting payment:

"I thought my mother died last week, but she really died today and the doctor don't think she will live long." Cats have nine lives. Mom has how many?

"I didn't read. You should have read it to me. It's your fault." Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there lived.... The End.

"I paid another seller by mistake. Contact them and tell them to send your money." Do I just pick one? Short straw wins?

"I didn't bid on that. My twin sister did. We look alike, sound alike, lived in the same house, had the same phone number and email address. She moved and I don't know where she is." Mirror, mirror on the wall...

"I haven't had a paycheck in 6-weeks. I saw my Boss at (fancy eatery in town?) last night and he said he didn't know when I would get a check." And this person is still reporting to work at this job every day...why?

"I just found out I was switched at birth. I can't pay because I don't want to go to jail for using someone else's credit card." Switched with a burned out light bulb maybe.

"I don't have the money. My mother and sister need a kidney and I am giving them mine." Kidneys, yes... brain cells, not so much.

"I was in two automobile accidents in the last month and didn't get out of the hospital after the first one before I had the second one." Uh, huh...can't smoke in hospitals, but it seems you can drive in one.

Gotta give 'em credit, though. Beats the Appeal: 'will pay' (followed by the disappearing act) or the 'I want to cancel order'.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Are all these real? haha.

kebs    10
kebs

These can't be real are they? Do people actually use these sad excuses??

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I must admit that the excuses Ruthie has listed is better than any I've received in the past 7 years of trading... but you really do get some weird excuses out there!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Oh dear, Ruthie. :confused: ROFL

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

This transaction has not reached the SNC stage (yet), but the buyer gives her approval for me to process a credit card transaction on her behalf! This after I've told her that if she wants additional items, then she must bid on them as I refuse to trade "offline". She simply cannot grasp the system...

Another one buys (not bids) like crazy, then a month later when I'm still sending reminders, the excuse is that they don't have any money so I must wait until they do get money!

It takes all sorts to make the world go round...

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

The only one I got was. "My wife forgot to check her email (for three weeks),and now I'm so embarrassed because she does the paying."

Yes blame it on the wife.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
Are all these real? haha.

They are... not verbatim though. Corrected spelling and 'tried' to put the words together so they would make some sense. It was a real 'jungle' trying to get inside their head to figure out what they were trying to say. I am 'thinking' the 'fibs' were 'rolling off the fingers' faster than the brain could work. (the one about the boss was from this side)

Ruthie

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

"I didn't read. You should have read it to me. It's your fault." :awesome: