Sign in to follow this  
kebs

Sudden appearnace of pop-up ads on Bob

kebs    10
kebs

I noticed a few days ago that suddenly there are these annoying pop-up ads on the site.. Makes my pages load very slowly as well. But today I see a get-rich quick scheme about some-one from PE who's earning thousands a month, & it's free to start. Not wanting to be left out of this chance of a lifetime, I click on it to check it out... First of all, it's not free.. There's free trial period, then it's $69 a month.. But apparently Melissa Johnson from Port Elizabeth is making over R50000 a month! Still not deterred, I think maybe I should give the trial a go.. Before I did that, on bidorbuy's home page, another such chance of a lifetime arised, how to make money with Google... I clicked on this, & discovered that Kelly Richards of Illinois, USA, was also making big money... What strikes me as strange though, is how the 2 ladies say in some places 100% the same thing.. it's the same scheme, but really, I find it hard to believe that 2 people gave it exactly the same review, word for word..

Work At Home Special Report!

Work At Home Special Report!

I don't think I'll be trying this until some-one I know has done it!!!

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

You should know by now the only way to get rich is to sell on Bob

Now get to work:bigsmile::bigsmile:

qball    11
qball

These pop ups are not on our site but a browser security issue, please check your anti virus settings, filters etc. and take your PC in to get checked, it's possibly spyware or something similar...

alloway65    10
alloway65
You should know by now the only way to get rich is to sell on Bob

Now get to work:bigsmile::bigsmile:

Or....have a proper job!!!!!:cool:

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi guys,

we have noticed quite a few reports from users regarding all sorts of pop-ups displaying on our site. In all cases we found that it was related to spyware, trojans or ad-spam being installed through either a vulnerability in your browser or software from not so legitimate sources.

We urge you to ensure that you have spyware/antivirus protection installed. Microsoft Security Essentials are for free and many other tools such as Kaspersky, McAfee, Norton etc will do a similar job. Also make sure that you have your Windows PCs updated regularly.

kebs    10
kebs

Hey Mac.. I have Norton's & do a very regular pc scan, shouldn't it have picked this up? I'm still getting those annoying pop ups...

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Hey Mac.. I have Norton's & do a very regular pc scan, shouldn't it have picked this up? I'm still getting those annoying pop ups...

Sometimes not - in most cases Adware gets snuck in with some funky toolbar or download manager. If it only happens on IE, have a look at the addons installed in IE.

kebs    10
kebs

I use Firefox, & Google chrome just for banking - Firefox freezes on my banking site for some reason. Have downloaded Microsoft security as well now & will see if that picks up anything. I haven't voluntarily installed anything new recently..:confused:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

kebs, perhaps your computer has the pox and needs a check up? :confused:

kebs    10
kebs

Sigh... Have had enough of 2013 now..:notrust:

rezizter    10
rezizter

for posterity, the pop up's are malware which anti virus programs do not pick up.

Please use this free malware remover, malwarebytes (Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download):

A direct download is available here:

Thank you for downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from CNET Download.com

Install the program, let it run once done restart your computer.

kebs    10
kebs

A huge thanks to Shaun Megaw from Bob (? rezizter) who helped me sort this out today!!! 100 thumbs up, & my pc is running so much better now.. You rule!! Free snake to you when my babies hatch... you just have to collect though...:blink1: