Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

50 Crazy Laws...

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

These are actually 'on the books'; one from each State... more than one and my mind (what little is left) would be in total 'melt down':

Alabama... It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.

Alaska... While it is legal to shoot bears, waking a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph is prohibited. Arizona... You may not have more than two dildos in your house.

Arkansas... A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.

California... Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.

Colorado... Cats may not run loose without having been fit with a taillight.Connecticut... In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce. Delaware... It is illegal to fly over any body of water, unless one is carrying sufficient supplies of food and drink.

Florida... You may not f*** (pass gas) in a public place after 6 P.M. on Thursdays.

Georgia... It is illegal to use profanity in front of a dead body which lies in a funeral home or in a coroners office.

Hawaii... All residents may be fined as a result of not owning a boat.

Idaho... A man is breaking the law if he gives his woman a box of candy under 50 pounds.

Illinois... You may be convicted of a Class 4 felony offense, punishable by up to three years in state prison, for the crime of "eavesdropping" on your own conversation.

Indiana... It is illegal to drink from your own bottle in a bar.

Iowa... If you are a one-armed piano player, you must perform for free. Kansas... If two trains meet on the same track, neither shall proceed until the other has passed.

Kentucky... You are only considered to be "drunk" when you "cannot hold on to the ground".

Louisiana... It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.

Maine... You may not step out of a plane in flight.

Maryland... It's against the law to take a lion to the movies.

Massachusetts... Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.

Michigan... It is legal for a robber to file a law suit, if he or she got hurt in your house. (now a law in most every State)

Minnesota... It is illegal to sleep naked.

Mississippi... You are not allowed to shave in the center of the main street.

Missouri... Minors can't buy cap pistols, but they are able to buy shotguns, without any trouble at all.

Montana... It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone.

Nebraska... If a child burps during church, his parent may be arrested.

Nevada... You can't ride a camel on a highway.

New Hampshire... On Sundays citizens must look down while 'relieving' themselves.

New Jersey... It is against the law to 'slurp' your soup.

New Mexico... Unshaven women cannot appear in public.

New York... If you are found guilty of jumping off a building, the penalty is death.

North Carolina... Elephants may not be used to plow cotton fields.

North Dakota... Beer and pretzels can't be served at the same time in any bar or restaurant.

Ohio... It is illegal to get a fish drunk.

Oklahoma... Violators can be fined, arrested or jailed for making ugly faces at a dog.

Oregon... One may not bathe without wearing "suitable clothing," i.e., that which covers one's body from neck to knee.

Pennsylvania... A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.

Rhode Island... Any marriage in which either the bride or groom is an idiot or lunatic is considered null and void.

South Carolina... It is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.

South Dakota... It is illegal to lay down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.

Tennessee... It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish, but it IS legal to gather and consume roadkill

Texas... A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

Utah... A husband is responsible for every criminal act committed by his wife while she is in his presence.

Vermont... Women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.

Virginia... State law prohibits "corrupt practices of bribery by any person other than candidates".

Washington... It is mandatory for a motorist with criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town.

West Virginia... Whistling underwater is prohibited.

Wisconsin... You must manually flush all urinals in a building.

Wyoming... You may not take a picture of a rabbit during the month of June.

Ruthie

Pathway    10
Pathway

Ooooh, so funny - thank you! Gotta try some of these - shaving (legs) in the middle of the main street, driving blindfold, and whistling underwater! Oh yes,and riding a camel on a highway - I see you have as much of a problem with camel-infested highways as we have here....

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Crazy or not,at least you have laws which are sadly lacking here

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
I see you have as much of a problem with camel-infested highways as we have here....

Yeppers, that and lions eating all the popcorn at the Cinema.

I am 'sitting on pins and needles' waiting for 'It is illegal to walk naked down the street'. When that law passes, I am placing an add in the local 'rag' with day, time and location. THEN, I will dress Toby in a sweater or a cap (depending on the weather) with 'Naked' on it and he and I will go for a stroll :whistling: . Might upset the 'local yokels', but I will be chuckling 'inside out'.

Ruthie

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

So does this mean that if I happen to walk into the "gents" in Wisconsin I must flush all the urinals before exiting? The males using the urinals might not be impressed. (And remind me to wear protective gear before I enter that "gents" room!)

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

I am 'sitting on pins and needles' waiting for 'It is illegal to walk naked down the street'. When that law passes, I am placing an add in the local 'rag' with day, time and location. THEN, I will dress Toby in a sweater or a cap (depending on the weather) with 'Naked' on it and he and I will go for a stroll :whistling: . Might upset the 'local yokels', but I will be chuckling 'inside out'.

Ruthie

I believe they just passed that law in San Francisco, if you feel like taking a trip to tickle your funny bone!:wink:

MrAerospace    10
MrAerospace

Louisiana... It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.

Okay, I shall have to change my plans for 2013 in Grahamstown! :evil: