Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

Somewhat scary ...

lilythepink

Anyone else got one of these???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4350[/ATTACH]

Scary, isn't it? Perhaps it explains my present mentality??? No wonder my orthopaedic surgeon wants me to undergo expensive blood tests to check for metal levels in my system!

MrAerospace

Lily couldn't get both pages on her post above, so here is the other one ...

58f5a745050bd_KNEEREPLACEMENT001.jpg.13a683c3833d8d6d7ab4d5e4e0be3ec6.jpg

2013 hasn't even started and we have a concern!

The Mayans might have had something about life changing from 21st December 2012 because we are already experiencing more than we expected! New puppy is included!

Little Miss Muffet

Do you have one of these Janet?? Sue the p......

Just Beachin
Lily couldn't get both pages on her post above, so here is the other one ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4351[/ATTACH]

2013 hasn't even started and we have a concern!

The Mayans might have had something about life changing from 21st December 2012 because we are already experiencing more than we expected! New puppy is included!

in

Definitively something is going on! The on board computer on my car crapped out on the way to jozi, had to be towed in from Harrismith. Got here, gate remote puckered out, guess I need a new one, Christmas night lightning struck our power substation, causing tripped mains in only 2 houses on my lonely little block, one being our family's ....later getting home only to find that I could not get on the net. Telkom techies said it was their ADSL line. after 3 1/2 days, in a fit of tears, finally found out it was the modem that blew....the laptop, (meanwhile, back at the ranch, my laptop has been giving me uphill since my daughter sent it flying across the living room while trying to impress the teenage boys in the flat next door with her super sized Rooster feet slippers) is bareley making a come back...took me 2 hours to open it!

It is times like this that tell me I a truly blessed with the knowledge that these are just little inconvenient things in life, and they too will pass! :nuts:

MrAerospace

Well we have quite a year ahead of us, starting with metal tests on Lily tomorrow ...! (I keep telling her she behaves like a robot at times!)

alloway65
in

definitively something is going on! The on board computer on my car crapped out on the way to jozi, had to be towed in from harrismith. Got here, gate remote puckered out, guess i need a new one, christmas night lightning struck our power substation, causing tripped mains in only 2 houses on my lonely little block, one being our family's ....later getting home only to find that i could not get on the net. Telkom techies said it was their adsl line. After 3 1/2 days, in a fit of tears, finally found out it was the modem that blew....the laptop, (meanwhile, back at the ranch, my laptop has been giving me uphill since my daughter sent it flying across the living room while trying to impress the teenage boys in the flat next door with her super sized rooster feet slippers) is bareley making a come back...took me 2 hours to open it!

It is times like this that tell me i a truly blessed with the knowledge that these are just little inconvenient things in life, and they too will pass! :nuts:

Let's face it ...it can't get much worse!!!! But you are right...only inconveniences.

alloway65
Well we have quite a year ahead of us, starting with metal tests on Lily tomorrow ...! (I keep telling her she behaves like a robot at times!)

Good luck with the Metal tests Lily.......I misread the post the first time thought it said Mental Tests!!!!

Also look at the thousands of poor women in Europe who have to have their toxic breast implants removed.

I am so glad now I did not go for a p***s enlargement when I was younger!

circe

hi

can u please tell me in what book u found the artical? i can not see it properly. a uncle of mine had a similar operation done and it was a total fu**up.

at this moment he is in a wheelchair.

MiemsJewels

You can sing along with the Tom Jones (I think) song "Now, now I have nothing" Alloway. :biggrin:

lilythepink
Good luck with the Metal tests Lily.......I misread the post the first time thought it said Mental Tests!!!!

Also look at the thousands of poor women in Europe who have to have their toxic breast implants removed.

Yes, I have one of these hip implants! Done in 2006. So if you read "mental" you are quite right!

The implants were "recalled" in 2010 but my orthopaedic surgeon "forgot" to inform me to go for blood metal tests and other scans, etc. And I saw him in November when he booked me for a knee replacement op in February but still omitted to tell me about these problems - just said that "when you are booked in in hospital, please remind me that we must get blood metal tests done!"

Needless to say, I will NOT be having any knee replacement operation until the hip problem is sorted out.

2013 is going to be a most interesting year ... and, yes, there is a class action pending against the manufacturer of these malfunctioning implants! (Perhaps I should start one against the orthopaedic chap who "forgot" to inform me of potential problems??)

I am having the blood tests done today.

lilythepink
hi

can u please tell me in what book u found the artical? i can not see it properly. a uncle of mine had a similar operation done and it was a total fu**up.

at this moment he is in a wheelchair.

It's in the YOU magazine - 3rd January 2013 edition.

alloway65
Yes, I have one of these hip implants! Done in 2006. So if you read "mental" you are quite right!

The implants were "recalled" in 2010 but my orthopaedic surgeon "forgot" to inform me to go for blood metal tests and other scans, etc. And I saw him in November when he booked me for a knee replacement op in February but still omitted to tell me about these problems - just said that "when you are booked in in hospital, please remind me that we must get blood metal tests done!"

Needless to say, I will NOT be having any knee replacement operation until the hip problem is sorted out.

2013 is going to be a most interesting year ... and, yes, there is a class action pending against the manufacturer of these malfunctioning implants! (Perhaps I should start one against the orthopaedic chap who "forgot" to inform me of potential problems??)

Lets hope all goes well....good luck Lily.

A friend of mine had a knee replacement in about 2006....the implant reacted to some innocent drug he was taking and the implant was rejected...the knee implant was removed and he was sent home until the wound healed properly, which took about 6 months...he could not move as had had no knee...a terrible experience....he is fine now with another knee replacement.

circe

thanks lily i just sent it to him.frikkie

MiemsJewels

Nou dit ook nog Lily. What a way to start the new year. Hope it will all work out fine for you and the blood test will be negative., Baie, baie sterkte!

The metal in your blood can be easily removed with "Chelation Therarapy" Don't know if there is a doctor in your area who's doing it, but you can try to find out about it.

booksallsizes

Holy cr@p! Good luck, Lily - thinking of you and hope all is not mental/metal...

lilythepink

I am sending back this new year of 2013 to wherever it came from - am certain it's a "used" year!! I want a brand new, unused one ...

To add to my hip implant worries, our granddaughter who is 8 was admitted to hospital yesterday - Type 1 diabetes! No-one on either side of the family has diabetes, let alone Type 1!!

The Myans were right, it seems, when they said the world as I know it would change ...!