Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jewels

Buyer admitting not to understanding Bid or Buy terms

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I'm sure many buyers take a chance when either placing bids or doing a buy now. I have a case where a buyer did not complete the purchase of items since 19 December. According to my terms, items are payable within 5 days. I gave the buyer a negative rating then received the below message from her :

"Hi

Sorry I can afford it now and I did not know all about bid or buy terms..

Please can u cancel myorder sorry once again.

Ms Du Toit

Sent via my BlackBerryfrom Vodacom - let your email find you!"

I then responded by the following :

I'm not sure how to read your mail. You first refer to "I can afford it now" and then say you did not know about the terms. If I look at your buying history, I'm sure you DO understand the terms and conditions of purchasing something. You are obligated to pay for any items you ordered/bid on, as you have done with your previous orders. You cannot just bid on items and not complete transactions!

You also purchased more than one item from me and did not respond to any of the emails I sent via the Bid or Buy system. You only responded once the negative rating was given.

I will be forwarding this to the Bid or Buy team, and I am sure they will also find that if you do not understand terms which are very cleared printed out, you should not be purchasing goods on line."

The next message I get reads :

"This will be going on hello peter!!!"

Sentvia my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!"

Again I respond

"Not a problem at all. I will respond as I am on HelloPeter as a supplier who does respond.

An order cannot be cancelled once it has been completed. That is not how Bid or Buy works. You can only request a bid to be cancelled, which we do.

The transaction will have to run the 7 days before we file anSNC (sale not complete) in order to recoup our success fees. This is a standard procedure on Bid or Buy.

I have accepted that the transaction will not materialize and have already relisted the items"

I have now left this matter in the capable hands of Zukah.

Am I missing something here? This is really the first time I've been threatened with Hello Peter:weird:.

Has anyone else had something like this? How can you purchase online and then state you did not understand? Eish!

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

"This will be going on hello peter!!!"

What exactly will be going on Hellopeter? That the buyer makes purchases when they do not have the means to honour their transactions? That the buyer expects some form of undue leniency, or a special form of treatment not available to other buyers? That the buyer should not be held responsible for their actions? That the buyer hides behind ignorance of due procedure? :disgusted:

No doubt, if the buyer actually does report you on Hellopeter, her story will be so twisted that she is the honest, innocent victim who was brutally abused by you.

Edited by amcintyre

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

:rolleyes:As I said in another thread."The magic of ratings"

Like putting a firecracker under their "Bun:colbert::colbert:

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Miss Jewels,

I can feel your frustration, and there are a lot of these kind of buyers out there.

I choose not to take these people to heart, certainly they do not feel any fleeting thought for me what so ever. This is how I handle things that are definitely going down hill. 2 days before I can file the SNC, I inquire if they are perhaps experiencing some problems, offer to help, and request they contact me nicely. The next day before the SNC I again let them know I have not heard from them regarding the winning or purchase of my item and to please contact me asap (Remember No threats, just a concerned tone to my email), then If I don't get any response by the time I can file a snc, I do it. if they contact me after I explain I have to pay bidorbuy for the auction at the time they won, and with so many people not paying for there items (there again, not making it personal) I simply cannot afford to cover these cost (if the item hasn't sold). If they tell me they are going to pay for it, I tell them how sorry I am that I can only retract the SNC after they have paid, not my rule, but bidorbuy's rule.

What I am trying to say is don't take it personal, but part of our game. Take a deep breath and breath out, and don't waste your time lecturing or remanding...as the say it's like trying to teach a pig to sing, they will never do it and it only irritates the pig!:cool:

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Thanks Just Beachin. I think the buyer finally realized she was totally in the wrong.

I normally send out reminders every second day via the BoB messaging system as well as private mails to the buyers...so on this side, I'm safe.

I think after she sent the "threatening mail" and my subsequent response to her, she has been very polite about everything and now wants to purchase another ring from me (?) although the previous ones were requested to be cancelled.

I think her attitude towards this transaction and the rating was purely one of retaliation knowing she was in the wrong, The private mails since received from her were actually very nice.

......,and being the nice (:blink1:) person I am, I am actually considering changing my rating....

Edited by Miss Jewels

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
Thanks Just Beachin. I think the buyer finally realized she was totally in the wrong.

I normally send out reminders every second day via the BoB messaging system as well as private mails to the buyers...so on this side, I'm safe.

I think after she sent the "threatening mail" and my subsequent response to her, she has been very polite about everything and now wants to purchase another ring from me (?) although the previous ones were requested to be cancelled.

I think her attitude towards this transaction and the rating was purely one of retaliation knowing she was in the wrong, The private mails since received from her were actually very nice.

......,and being the nice (:blink1:) person I am, I am actually reconsidering changing my rating....

Actions speak louder than words! :notrust:You keep being the sweetie you are :angel: