Sign in to follow this  
Rare NotesCoins

Brain Herns New 2013 Coin Catalogue

Rare NotesCoins

Hi

Brains new catologue has been released on Friday.

Must say very interesting reading. Most people will be happy with Elizabeth prices starting to rise and Low end ZAR going down to about silver value.

The best Catologue in a while.

http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_images/297/389297/389297_121213185903_herns_001.JPG

Regards.

Morne

Edited by Rare NotesCoins
spelling

Timeless Value
Hi

Brains new catologue has been released on Friday.

Must say very interesting reading. Most people will be happy with Elizabeth prices starting to rise and Low end ZAR going down to about silver value.

The best Catologue in a while.

http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_images/297/389297/389297_121213185903_herns_001.JPG

Regards.

Morne

I am disappointed with this edition. Too many editing errors. Some of the mintage numbers are clearly wrong. For example the 2008 launch protea set has a mintage of 417 and not 4818 as indicated on pg227. Some of the guide prices are clearly wrong. For example on pg 340, a 1oz gold coin cannot be worth R9000.

There are many more of such errors

Very poor effort! Such errors will only mislead a reader.

ianmarran
I am disappointed with this edition. Too many editing errors. Some of the mintage numbers are clearly wrong. For example the 2008 launch protea set has a mintage of 417 and not 4818 as indicated on pg227. Some of the guide prices are clearly wrong. For example on pg 340, a 1oz gold coin cannot be worth R9000.

There are many more of such errors

Very poor effort! Such errors will only mislead a reader.

I just received my copy and I agree. Seems like he rushed to get the edition out. VF 1/2 ponde are worth more than VF full Ponde??? 1898 Pond in F is worth more than VF (this was also an error in the 2012 book)

A lot of other gold coins have not gone up at all

Disappointing! Please take more care in the next edition