Sign in to follow this  
Timeless Value

Coin and certificate stolen from Speedservices pre-paid bag

Timeless Value    10
Timeless Value

Hi all. I guess it is Christmas when theft from parcels are on the rise. I lost a national anthem 1/10th gold coin and certificate from a well packaged speedservices pre paid parcel. The speed services bag was clearly tampered with. Ive laid a complaint at the post office. The package was shipped from Mossel Bay. The certificate number for this coin is 121. Please be on the look out should someone offer you this coin and certificate for sale.

It is really unfortunate as the mintage on the coin is low.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Sorry TV,

I also have experienced SAPO thieft this season with a registered insured package. Made me rethink the insurance situation, as the buy is compensated but I'm out in pocket.

May I suggest, if it is not insured, to never state the true contents of the package, specific electronic part numbers are a big turn off, if it is insured, insure yourself as well, cause that is a big red flag, letting a lowly paid temp worker know there is something of value in that package....tempting them to take a risk. Thirdly, as far as I know you cannot insure a gold or money in the post with the SAPO, so it would be wise to find a better courier service that insures and delivers.

Sorry to say, I believe #121 is merely melt at this point:sad: don't expect much more than days of waiting and mounds of paper work that lead nowhere. Sorry