Sign in to follow this  
Dave96

I am just gatvol.......

Dave96    10
Dave96

....of buying clothes online, more recently "branded" formal shirts and t-shirts only to find that the X-large is in fact more like a medium and does not fit at all. And then I notify the seller, they request me to repackage it and send it back, AT MY EXPENSE, for a full refund!

So from now on, I don't give a damn. I will be rating them negatively and giving the items to charity!!!

retailrush    10
retailrush

If these items are imported from China then an X-Large is probably fine for their "local" market... but not for ours. Do you think that's the problem here?

geldenhuys1    10
geldenhuys1

Clothing that is smaller than it used to be is not just online. You can go to Edgars and have the same problem. I did were a large shirt but these days it must be a X-large. This is not because I’m bigger but the shirts got smaller. My old large shirts still fit. I bought a t-shirt from A_L_P, an X-large and its 100% the correct size and great quality. I’m so happy I bought 2 more and 2 jeans “branded ones” like you. In the past I bought about 7 branded jeans and a lot of t-shirts and shirts with not a single problem. It’s not the seller that’s the problem, the buyer must make sure he buy the correct size these days. I would think that it is for the buyers account if the wrong size was bought. If it was the mistake of the seller he must pay for shipping according BOB rules. :wink:

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

I'm still blown away by the inventor of the size 0.....really that should apply to a new born!

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Shoot-a-bug, here, newborn to 3-months isn't large enough to fit a big toe in much less last past the first wash / dry cycle. If the 'material' keeps shrinking while the 'sizes' stay the same, mommy-to-be will need to bring her new 'bundle of joy' home from the hospital in something bought from a tent and awning company!

Ruthie

Fashion Police    10
Fashion Police
Clothing that is smaller than it used to be is not just online. You can go to Edgars and have the same problem. I did were a large shirt but these days it must be a X-large. This is not because I’m bigger but the shirts got smaller. My old large shirts still fit. I bought a t-shirt from A_L_P, an X-large and its 100% the correct size and great quality. I’m so happy I bought 2 more and 2 jeans “branded ones” like you. In the past I bought about 7 branded jeans and a lot of t-shirts and shirts with not a single problem. It’s not the seller that’s the problem, the buyer must make sure he buy the correct size these days. I would think that it is for the buyers account if the wrong size was bought. If it was the mistake of the seller he must pay for shipping according BOB rules. :wink:

Very true indeed.

Each and every brand or line of clothing can differ in fit type, whether purchased Online, from Edgars or the most expensive boutique....

I can definitely say it is challenging selling clothing online, as most customers prefer to fit the garment before purchasing it - I suppose that's why all clothing stores have fitting rooms.... We all have different body types and not all makes of clothing are the same, fit-wise. I'm sure we all own a "favourite" jean or t-shirt or two because it fits sooo much better than the rest...well I know I do...and normally chances are very rare to find that same fit again. I think holding the seller responsible for the fit of the garment is a bit harsh; the seller is not the manufacturer. Also, the same product probably fitted another customer perfectly, however like I said, we all have different body types and preferences on how we like our clothing to fit (some like slim fitting, some like comfort fitting clothing). It is very important to read the indicated size measurements (if specified by the seller) and/or the description of the product before purchasing it.

svw    10
svw
It is very important to read the indicated size measurements (if specified by the seller) and/or the description of the product before purchasing it.

I have bought a fair amount of clothing online and generally look for items that have measurements even if sizes are indicated in the listing. The biggest problem I have encountered is buying shoes - I find sizes tend to be erratic and wish that more sellers would put the length / width across / height of heels etc in their listings...