Sign in to follow this  
stoneygp

Seller who back out of purchases

stoneygp

On all auction websites buyers are always taken to task for not completing purchases but it is concerning that there is no recourse for sellers who renege on purchases for no other reason than finding a better price somewhere else for items that they have already sold and received payment for. If a buyer does this a snc is filed, if a seller does the same they are merely asked to refund the buyer and no other action is taken. How do we protect the buyers without whom there would be no site? How do we ensure that the good buyers are protected? Please name and shame all sellers who follow this practice so we can protect ourselves as good buyers on this site.

stoneygp

Eclectic Elegance (361 Rating)

Tia branders

Witbank

This is one such seller, a week after the sale and payment was completed and no response from the seller a mail was sent asking for the status of the sale.. The reply was that the item was sold privately and they had no more stock and would purely refund the item. Funds have been spent purchasing accessories for the item totaling over R2000 for an event and not the item is supposedly not available. The only recourse from bid or buy is a warning and asking for the funds to be returned???? What is the point of stating that all bids are binding contracts if when the seller backs out of a purchase where the item is valued at more then the purchase they only pay back the purchase price???? No contract in the world works on that basis.

qball

You have recourse either through Small Claims or the NCC against the seller. The contract is unfortunately between you and the seller. We cannot act on your behalf legally, we can reprimand/restrict the seller, and try facilitate the refund, but legally we cannot act for you. As a buyer, it is unfortunately your responsibility to protect your legal rights in the contract/sale.

stoneygp

What is the process to ensure "we can reprimand/restrict the seller"? When I phoned the support line I was not given this option and I was also informed that I would receive a call back in this regard and have not received anything as yet.

qball

You can send everything through to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za, including all correspondence with the seller concerned, we will investigate and then take the necessary action. As this is a process it can take some time as we would need to get hold of the seller as well. We would appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

stoneygp

I have sent the info to community watch and will await the reply. I did also raise all of this with the bid or buy contact centre and the agent promised to get back to me once he had spoken to the seller. I have not received any communication back. Your assistance in this regard is appreciated as this is becoming a frustrating exercise.

qball

Unfortunately we have been experiencing phone problems since Tuesday, as a result, we are unable to respond immediately to these requests. It also depends on how quickly we get a response from the seller with feedback.

Wild Olive Art

Beware of this seller , previously trading as " Tussen die Daisies "

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum-community-watch/17606-same-original-art-sold-repeatedly.html

I suspect this is her account too as she is the listed owner of Butterfly Jewels in Witbank Jewellery Sets - Butterfly Jewels Necklace set (Yellow set) was sold for R1.00 on 27 Oct at 23:46 by Deals23 in Witbank (ID:27853843)

lilythepink

Have you sent a PM to CW, Wild Olive Art? Perhaps you could do so?

Mxfreak

Another to add to the wall of shame...

Username: DEVINE ORDER

This character has absolutely no regard for his customers. He fails to communicate and then when I do eventually hear from him, after contacting customer support, he tells me that he has no stock and can refund the purchase value. You can't help but get the impression that the situation is that the seller wants more money for his item. The funniest part of this whole ordeal is that I find out that this chap is an ex customer support consultant for BOB, so you would think that he'd know better than to treat a customer this way. To add to the already growing suspicion, I was told that I would have his details by Friday afternoon by Claudia...and that did not happen. Claudia is another one that doesn't get back to people. Prior to that, she was meant to return my phone call and did not. It would seem to me that 'birds of a feather flock together' and BOB need to employ the right people for the job.

admin

Hi Mxfreak,

Welcome to the forum.

Claudia did email the seller on 11 January 2013 @ 12:16 PM concerning your refund and the seller was disabled due to your outstanding order/refund. I am sure that someone will get back to you as soon as possible regarding this matter as it does get a bit hectic in the office at times.

Thank you for your understanding and patience while this is sorted.

qball
Username: DEVINE ORDER

This character has absolutely no regard for his customers. He fails to communicate and then when I do eventually hear from him, after contacting customer support, he tells me that he has no stock and can refund the purchase value. You can't help but get the impression that the situation is that the seller wants more money for his item. The funniest part of this whole ordeal is that I find out that this chap is an ex customer support consultant for BOB, so you would think that he'd know better than to treat a customer this way. To add to the already growing suspicion, I was told that I would have his details by Friday afternoon by Claudia...and that did not happen. Claudia is another one that doesn't get back to people. Prior to that, she was meant to return my phone call and did not. It would seem to me that 'birds of a feather flock together' and BOB need to employ the right people for the job.

Whilst I empathise with your situation, we are just as in the dark as you. Zuko is currently facing disciplinary charges from bidorbuy, as he is being charged with being absent without permission. Prior to this Zuko had worked for the company for several years without incident and has not reported to work since middle of December, we are still trying to ascertain why. Claudia has been assisting you and will continue to assist you, we will happily hand over his details to you during the course of the day. These are not issues we can pre-empt or predict unfortunately. His account has been disabled as a result and we will also be seeking instant dismissal due to his conduct.

Miss Jewels

Oh my word. This is really sad news about Zuko as I have only received excellent service from him! I really hope this issue gets sorted out.

Seeds for Africa

Silly question, but does bob allow its employees to be sellers as well?

qball

Yes. Many staff buy and sell on the site as well and have been for over 10 years. This is the first incident involving a staff member, this however, does not absolve them of their legal responsibility to their buyers.

DIY PRODUCTS
Yes. Many staff buy and sell on the site as well and have been for over 10 years.

I didnt know this. But I am really pleased to hear it, I like that I may be talking to someone that has first hand understanding of my issue and can relate in a way.

On a side note, Claudia is 1 of the ONLY BoB consultants that DOES call back and Zuko was very pleasant, sorry to hear and I hope he is OK.

admin