Sign in to follow this  
dstorm

Look carefully before you laugh

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello all

This "lowly" item is catalogued at R20-00 in the latest SACC.

Yet, I believe that it is absent from most collections. Please go and have a look whether you have it!

Regards

Jacques

RISadler    10
RISadler

It certainly is absent in my collection. But then again, I don't collect miniature sheets.

alloway65    10
alloway65
Hello all

This "lowly" item is catalogued at R20-00 in the latest SACC.

Yet, I believe that it is absent from most collections. Please go and have a look whether you have it!

Regards

Jacques

I probably have both components and with a little bit of water could make one up!:rolleyes:

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello David

Absolutely!

Have you ever seen one where the Miniature Sheet is actually tied to the Collector’s Sheet?

Regards

Jacques

alloway65    10
alloway65

Mornng Jacques,

No can't say I have but have not really looked as yet.

Made up another "variety" yesterday, for a bit of fun, but after 30 minutes gave up trying to attach a picture to the Forum page.

Is is not possible to copy and paste The URL. Tried various drive paths manually to no avail.

Keep up the good work Jacques...we all need to stimulate out grey matter from time to time & laugh....life on the whole is too serious.

Have a good week.

David.

alloway65    10
alloway65

020 hHD.JPG

Managed it.....patience is a virtue!

58f5a7185db7e_020hHD.JPG.94ef7fe38319a254be47af12bdc478cf.JPG

nivek456    10
nivek456

Hi All, I had 2 of these collectors sheets both very rusty so soaked the Miniature sheets off and also the set of stamps that were underneath.So maybe these are homemade items as you say you have never seen one tied to the sheet.Have a great day.Kevin.(nivek456)

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello Alloway and Nivek

I think we all agree that almost all of these items were made up “after the fact”.

I can see that you will never make a career as a full time stamp dealer David! If that was the case you would have created a “Super Variety” by pasting the Miniature Sheet upside down.

Regards

Jacques

alloway65    10
alloway65

Morning Jacques,

A great tip, will do it when I get a minute.:rolleyes: In my younger days I would have thought of that myself. :confused: I will sell it for R25.00 and retire for the third time.....oh I am retired!:cool:

Have a good day

David