Sign in to follow this  
zigzagcreations

re order placed but fraudulent proof of payment received.

zigzagcreations    10
zigzagcreations

hi! i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this as a seller.

on 2 occasions ive received an order and not long after i get the confirmation of payment with a bank letter head.on both occasions it has been with standard bank.

because i use bobpay i always wait for them to confirm.

now they had not confirmed payment so i emailed them and they informed me that payment was not forthcoming.

i received a positive rating from the seller and another email confirming payment.

i then emailed the buyer asking them to please follow up as i cannot confirm the payment been received.

i have not received an email from them.

is this a common thing?has it been happening to others?is it an attempt at purchasing an item with no intent to pay,by sending a fraudulent email?

has anyone else had this experience?

svw    10
svw

Hence the reason to only post once money has reflected in your account.

Only had one incident in the past when a new buyer insisted that they had paid via paypal "I don't use my paypal account neither is it listed on bidorbuy" Being curious I asked the buyer to e-mail me proof of payment they had made to the paypal account - turns out it was for a slightly different amount than what was owing to me and the payment was from paypal to the buyer? On querying this further with them - buyer just disappeared - ended up filing a snc.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

It is really easy for people to create these PDF "confirmations" to look exactly like those that come from the bank.

There is free software out there that can do this really easily and this is a common scam.

This is why I only despatch once the money is in my account, its the safest way.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I, too, only dispatch once the money is in my account!

cp27    10
cp27

I have this clearly in my payment options. "**** PLEASE NOTE: Fraud is real; Goods will only be DISPATCH once funds has been CLEARED. ****

zerohour    11
zerohour
I have this clearly in my payment options. "**** PLEASE NOTE: Fraud is real; Goods will only be DISPATCH once funds has been CLEARED. ****

PLEASE NOTE: Fraud is real; Goods will only be "DISPATCHED" once funds "have" been CLEARED :cheesy:

cp27    10
cp27
PLEASE NOTE: Fraud is real; Goods will only be "DISPATCHED" once funds "have" been CLEARED :cheesy:

Thanks, but you know what I mean, :embarrest:. Never liked tenses and spelling at school