Sign in to follow this  
kebs

Auction to test how much sellers actually read

kebs    10
kebs

I'm so tempted in one of the Wednesday auctions to auction off a picture of a PS3 game, not the actual game! In every listing, I have highlighted in bright green that credit card payments are only accepted on orders over R300 - every week, there are people who try to pay for R100, R150 etc.. I state no collections allowed - at least every second week I get people asking me if they can collect - some don't even stay in PE!! I state any damage to the game or case, & if there's a no manual, yet I've had people complain about exactly those things!

So if the really important info is at the beginning & highlighted, & they don't read it, what are the chances they'll read the actual whole description saying this auction is only for a picture of the game!?!?!:oh:

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

When I want to draw attention to a defect or size that may be enhanced by photographs or anything else that

I feel the buyer should know I include it in the main description --The first one they read next to the thumbnail before opening the listing.

i.e. A vintage Marcasite brooch--Note description.Say if one marcasite stone is missing or A jug--Note size--If images have enhanced the size.

In your description I would PS3 game --No manual.

Some users will include this in descriptions in small text and not highlight it thereby covering themselves.

I feel a buyer cannt touch or see what they are buying and must always be given an accurate description. I would not like any of my buyers tpo be disappointed when receiving an item

I have simply stopped the credit card option and will only open it if a buyer requests it and the amount warrants it.:colbert:

wayjen    10
wayjen

I guess we all know by now that there are some Buyers who do not read. What happens with regards a refund and or restocking fees when the Buyer wins an auction and then complains that something is wrong YET that particular "fault" is noted in the listing?

kebs    10
kebs

I've already received a neutral because the buyer didn't read about the damage to the game's case specified in the listing.. I didn't appeal as bidorbuy don't get involved in neutral ratings.. Now where is the old system of blocking buyers?!?!:notrust:

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

Heres a good example of how people just dont read... not sure what part of my listing gave this individual the impression that they were buying 10 trees for R 9.00....... maybe the part that said "You are buying 10 seeds" wasnt clear enough!!!!

"On the 8th of December 2012 I made a bid for 10x Bonsai trees. I have won the auction and I am ready to make payment, however my concerns are as follows:

* Are you going to send me Bonsai trees or seeds? I was under the impression I was making a bid for 10 trees and not seeds.

* Will there be additional charges ? because the shipping payment and 10 trees amount to R48,00.

Your feedback on the above matter will be appreciated."

kebs    10
kebs

Now my knowledge of fauna is very limited, but even I know one bonsai tree costs more than 90c... then again, I can also read....:awesome:

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
Heres a good example of how people just dont read... not sure what part of my listing gave this individual the impression that they were buying 10 trees for R 9.00....... maybe the part that said "You are buying 10 seeds" wasnt clear enough!!!!

"On the 8th of December 2012 I made a bid for 10x Bonsai trees. I have won the auction and I am ready to make payment, however my concerns are as follows:

* Are you going to send me Bonsai trees or seeds? I was under the impression I was making a bid for 10 trees and not seeds.

* Will there be additional charges ? because the shipping payment and 10 trees amount to R48,00.

Your feedback on the above matter will be appreciated."

Perhaps your seller's name is a bit vague?:weird:

svw    10
svw

'Auction to test how much sellers actually read' - Kebs are you testing the reading skills of other sellers or buyers? :confused:

kebs    10
kebs

Hehehe... Actually, both!!

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
Perhaps your seller's name is a bit vague?:weird:

I know........ for a minute I thought I may have changed my store name to 90 cent bonsai trees!

alloway65    10
alloway65
90 cent bonsai trees!

Can I have 10 please...very good value!:cool:

wayjen    10
wayjen

I want a discount cause my Bonsai tree was smaller then I thought.

alloway65    10
alloway65

I must say in some instances I over read certain of the sellers text....I am a bit impatient...I have bought a batch of half crowns that I thought were crowns; mounted mint cylinder blocks that I thought were UMM and even yesterday bid on a "fair" FDC which I assumed was in mint condition....I lost this auction fortunately.

My mistakes and I always complete the purchases!!!:angel: