Sign in to follow this  
MacMuffin

Sales tools v2 coming soon - suggestions welcome

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi all Sellers,

we will start with a complete rework of the sales tools in January. This will affect specifically the sales pages. All existing functionality will remain but we will improve on the UI, remove some clutter and make everything a lot more functional.

As a subsequent phase we will provide better courier integration.

We are looking for features/recommendations you would like to see so that we can make the management of your sales and your fulfilment process a lot easier.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Mac

This sounds great, really looking forward to it.

I'm wondering if you would be able to do the following:

I would really like to have the option of being able to save templates that would be available in a similar way to the current order status.

It would also be very helpful if you could provide a quick way that these templates would automatically add the buyer's name as a bulk email service would allow. an example would be "Hello %Name% where the system would automatically change the Name to the buyer's name.

I would also love to see the order status (the buttons created by sellers) on the Feedback/Ratings page.

I think most sellers would like to have the option of being able to add an editable note to all listings at once, for example, when a seller is away for a short period of time and needs to make potential buyers aware of this, while still allowing the buyer the option to buy or bid if they wish to.

Another helpful feature would be if a tool could be provided whereby a seller would be able to replace a picture throughout the listings, for example, a tool that will allow a seller to search through all their listings and replace a particular picture, this would be helpful when a seller wants to change one particular part of their listings, such as a header or footer picture.

I hope these are helpful suggestions, they would really help me.

Edited by Vinyl Lady Decals

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Thanks for the feedback @Tananka. I hope we get some more over the next few weeks...

I would really like to have the option of being able to save templates that would be available in a similar way to the current order status.

This is a planned feature

It would also be very helpful if you could provide a quick way that these templates would automatically add the buyer's name as a bulk email service would allow. an example would be "Hello %Name% where the system would automatically change the Name to the buyer's name.

This is a planned feature

I would also love to see the order status (the buttons created by sellers) on the Feedback/Ratings page.

Great suggestion - will add.

I think most sellers would like to have the option of being able to add an editable note to all listings at once, for example, when a seller is away for a short period of time and needs to make potential buyers aware of this, while still allowing the buyer the option to buy or bid if they wish to.

Easy enough - depends on how many people want it. Would be text based (no HTML) and would be limited to defined number of characters - biggest concern is that sellers would abuse this for extra marketing.

Another helpful feature would be if a tool could be provided whereby a seller would be able to replace a picture throughout the listings, for example, a tool that will allow a seller to search through all their listings and replace a particular picture, this would be helpful when a seller wants to change one particular part of their listings, such as a header or footer picture.

That's a tough one now, but we do plan something like a product catalogue where sellers will eventually be able to manage their inventory and images.

svw    10
svw

Would it be possible on open/closed listings to expand the search filter to include categories ?

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

There are so many gripes about postage charges.I think it would be a good idea to have the postage charges appear next to the price of the item listed

as they do on Ebay.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
There are so many gripes about postage charges.I think it would be a good idea to have the postage charges appear next to the price of the item listed

as they do on Ebay.

That will only work if we can convince sellers to standardise on shipping and offer transparent and easy shipping options. I think sellers should offer 3-4 shipping classes (small, medium, large, xlarge) and 3 shipping methods (same day, overnight, two-day).

In reality a buyer would like to hold the product in his/her hands within 72 hours. I guess the advantage of standardising shipping will be that it is easier to understand and through the volume the bidorbuy seller community will be able to get very competitive courier options.

Although SAPO has become better, the service is not predictable. Door-to-door deliveries should become the standard and many courier companies have become a lot cheaper these days...

kebs    10
kebs

I second the request for a note section please...

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi Mac

Another suggestion has come to mind.

Would it be possible to add another search parameter to the Advanced Search page?

I would like to be able to search by selling price as well as the other helpful search options.

if possible, I would like to be able to have an extra button inside the description editor that allows us to update the listing without going out of the description editor, at the moment, if we want to edit something inside the description, we need to open the description editor, make the the change, close the editor and the update the listing, it would be quicker and easier if we could skip the step of closing the editor to update the listing, a button inside the description editor would help with this.

Edited by Vinyl Lady Decals