Sign in to follow this  
Petfood

Beware of Technopro

Petfood    10
Petfood

Technopro are running a nice little scam on Bidorbuy.

I recently bought what was supposed to be a digital microscope, magnifying to 2000x.

I paid R3100 for the item.

When it arrived, it turned out to be faulty.

It also does not magnify to 2000x

I returned the item and asked for a refund. After 6 weeks of stonewalling and involving the bidorbuy help people who were fantastic, I got a partial refund, Technopro kept 15% as a "restocking fee"

Apart from being contrary to CPA, ordinary business practice and common sense, Technopro have now profited to the tune of

R465 by sellling an item that was falsely represented and defective! It cost them nothing because they will have had it replaced by their supplier and I had to pay postage both to receive and return the item.

To add insult to injury, they are now reselling the same item for R3750

My only option now is to take the matter to CPA authorities and I have been there, done that, got nowhere slowly.

Technopro rely on people like me not having the time or energy to fight the long legal battle, and so Technopro are laughing all the way to the bank.

Anyone wanting more details is welcome to contact me.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Cuan has put it very straightforward that if this practise of the seller continues, his account will again be restricted.

A seller should not be charging posting on returning a faulty item! This is to be included in the refund. Also, one cannot charge restocking fees if you sell an item which is faulty, incorrectly delivered or an item which was sold under false pretenses (not the item advertised)

You need to contact the BoB team again and inform this to this post.

If he does want to keep his side clean and stay an honourable seller, he should be refunding you 100%.

Petfood    10
Petfood

Thanks for the support, sadly the BoB team are unable to do anything more.

Technopro have now somehow deleted my negative feedback, but I am still listed on their site as having purchased the item!

Petfood    10
Petfood

Thanks for the link, I have posted a response.

Technopro continue to misrepresent the situation to put it politely.

I have kept all the corrrespondence so can substantiate all I have said.