Sign in to follow this  
amcintyre

Seller wants to charge drop shipping rates

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

I recently bid and won on the following Laser Pointers - Brand-new, MILITARY GRADE 300mW 532nm Green Beam Laser Pointer+Li Battery+Charger in Gift Box was sold for R50.00 on 29 Nov at 23:16 by ElectronicPro in Johannesburg (ID:79719630)

The seller has now emailed me to tell me that there is a mistake on his original postage rates and will now be charging me for drop shipping the item. No doubt at a much higher postage costs!

Help! How can I cancel this sale as the seller is not adhering to his own original rates.

kyle2    10
kyle2

Seller can't change the shipping or description conditions after the auction. You won the auction as is fair and square, the seller obviously lost on the deal and is trying to re-coup their costs.

Very sneaky and a nice try, but not allowed!

Contact BoB directly if the seller does not send your goods as advertised, BoB should whack them on the nuckles if they don't comply.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I wonder if he's going to try this with all his buyers of this auction? Check with BoB if this seller is an authorized dropshipper. If he is going to abuse the system as an authorized dropshipper, this status too should be taken away from him. There are far too many dropshippers currently on the system in my opinion.

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

I have contacted the buyer and have told him to undertake an SNC against me stating that the buyer and seller agreed not to complete the sale. Which he has agreed to...

qball    10
qball

The seller is an authorised drop shipper and his shipping is R350 or thereabouts on his imported items. We also have written confirmation of the shipping charges by the courier company. This would appear to be a genuine mistake.

It's only really the "illegal drop shippers" that cause problems. The genuine drop shippers are located here:

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum-community-watch/12950-authorised-dropshipper-list-incl-tradefeed-partners.html

kyle2    10
kyle2
The seller is an authorised drop shipper and his shipping is R350 or thereabouts on his imported items. We also have written confirmation of the shipping charges by the courier company. This would appear to be a genuine mistake.

Everybody gets 1........LoL :toung:

I'd be seriously anoyed if I were either seller or buyer in this particular case.:suspicious:

wayjen    10
wayjen
Everybody gets 1........LoL :toung:

I'd be seriously anoyed if I were either seller or buyer in this particular case.:suspicious:

Imagine if this was Pick 'n Pay, the item would be free.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

If the seller is an authorised dropshipper then he/she should know that it is only right to stick to the shipping charges as given in item's listing!

Yes, a seller does risk losing on things at times but what one loses on the swings one wins on the roundabouts!!

I tend to feel sympathy for the buyer in this instance and hope that the seller will send the item at the listed shipping cost.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Ek stem saam met Lilly. So gepraat van dropshippers............How can a seller charge R200 shipping, when his supplier is offering FREE SHIPPING? Only a stupid question.......but a question to keep in mind though.

Lekker easy money ne?

Example:

Cost of item R70.00 +- Free shipping offered.

Listing fees: R15 +-

Total cost of item: R85.

Item sold for 1.00

Shipping charged 200.00

R201.00

5% commission - 50

Balance R200.50

Cost of item - 85.00

Profit R115.50

Edited by MiemsJewels

TINYTOT    10
TINYTOT

I would just like to know how does a seller get BLACKLISTED when he has over 1960 good ratings and maybe 4 of those are bad ratings from buyers?? Could anyone answer this question for me please? if a Seller buys from another Seller and he does not honor the item bought can that seller BLACKLIST him? I am a bit confused here? - thanks

Edited by TINYTOT

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Welcome to the forum, TinyTot. I cannot answer for BoB management but my thoughts are that when a seller is blacklisted there could be good reasons other than just 4 bad ratings from buyers - and there are many reasons!

amcintyre    10
amcintyre
I would just like to know how does a seller get BLACKLISTED when he has over 1960 good ratings and maybe 4 of those are bad ratings from buyers?? Could anyone answer this question for me please? if a Seller buys from another Seller and he does not honor the item bought can that seller BLACKLIST him? I am a bit confused here? - thanks
Could you provide a link to the seller's page?

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

There is a seller who I've come across who is NOT on the dropshipper list!

Items for sale from Grimatt on bidorbuy.co.za

Charging a nice hefty shipping rate on 99c sales! In the Q&A of one of his recent listings is the following:

Q: Where are you shipping from? - Asked by Maiabid (1)

A: From our international warehouse

This seller also has the audacity of showing the "Verified Seller" shield in his logo, yet he / she is NOT verified!

Sounds like trouble with a capital T!

kebs    10
kebs

Have you reported to community watch? I'm quite proud of my verified member status & am somewhat annoyed that this person has it on their listings without actually being one!