Sign in to follow this  
AManAPlan

Is Neux employing gost/shill bidders?

Vegar

What I find interesting it that the perfect seller has given 1440 negative ratings to buyers. A lot are for no payment but there are some vicious ones given to international buyers: "WHY BID WHEN WE CLEARLY STATED WE DONT DO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING." Unnecessary eh?

"Negative ratings for terms not met by buyer to pay within the 4 days time frame given. we are curretnly closed and order will be processed when we ope"

Zapped this one with a negative possibly for asking where their package is: "

Comment:

Your tracking nr is: PE ...... ! Sent via bob messaging on the 14th August. Awaiting collection at your local post.

Response:

(07 Sep 2012)

great seller.thanks"

Meek buyer still got a negative.

Scary stuff - lots of raging in capitals, unnecessary. I understand that it is frustrating when someone places 145 bids and doesn't pay ... but that looks like 'revenge' bidding to me!

I would consider the possibility that if one sells more than 20,000 items a year one would have certain privileges, no? :suspicious:

alloway65

I must say I had never looked at the NEUX ratings given....and it does look like a very lop sided situation.....I find it hard to believe that BoB admin found in favour of NEUX on every occasion.....considering some of NEUX's excessive rating statements!

But remember BoB has banned some very large sellers in the past and I am sure BoB will do so again, if a seller, no matter how large they are, cross BoB's line in the sand.

Vegar

In BoB we trust :grin:

I have found the system to be very fair and I don't have any complaints.

However ... the system MUST be questioned, scrutinized and critiqued whenever one gets a 'nagging feeling'!

qball

We do not necessarily monitor all ratings. It's up to the person being rated to report abuse. We cannot and do not monitor every single rating (in terms of comments made).

Miss Jewels

I have now looked at a few ratings they gave to some of their buyers, and I too am quite shocked/surprised at the wording. I don't believe this is a way to solve anything, however, I found that most of the negatives were for transactions not concluded thus no payment received by seller.

The following refers:

*PLEASE DO NOT BID ON MY ITEMS EVER AGAIN! BY NOT PAYING YOU HAVE COST ME A FORTUNE IN ADVERTISING FEES! THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. (you cannot hold a buyer responsible for your advertising fees. This is a choice you make when creating the auction)

**11 DAYS AND STILL NO PAYMENT! THIS IS PATHETIC, I AM TAKING LEGAL ACTION AGAINT YOU. TRUST ME ON THIS. AUCTIONS ARE NOT A GAME! (CPA still protects the buyer - taking legal action will not solve anything- nor will threats)

***Your tracking nr is: PE607162980ZA ! Sent via bob messaging on the 14th August. Awaiting collection at your local post. (a negative rating given to the buyer but I am sure this must be a mistake - the buyer should then query this or maybe BoB can assis)

****YOU TOLD ME TO KEEP ITEM FOR YOU. I DID DO SO. YOU SAID YOU WILL PAY AT MONTH END. YOU DID NOT KEEP TO YOUR PROMISE. YOU WILL GET WHAT COMES TO YOU!!! (this is threatening and not the way to deal with clients. Even if they are in the wrong, keep composure and stick to the basic negative rating without being abusive, threatening or voice violent)

Just my opinion and I hope that the seller reads this post and will reconsider his/her word choice in the future.

moodTime

I have to agree, the wording and threats in the negative ratings are unacceptable, it is a good possibility if a buyer gets verbal abuse and threats like this particularly if they are new to bidorbuy they won’t come back and this effects us all including bidorbuy. Why not just be civil and state : Payment not received, SNC filed. You don’t know the buyers circumstances!! It is just the risk you need to take as a seller.

alloway65

One can be firm, direct and civil, civility costs nothing.....only a reasonably decent command of English!

Also I only had a brief look at the negative ratings given and from memory they were on the whole given to new or relatively new BoB buyers.....you are right this could have scared the new buyers off buying on-line altogether.

I have only been abused twice on BoB, by one numismatic seller and by one numismatic buyer....I immediately reported them to Cuan.

Edited by alloway65