Is Neux employing gost/shill bidders?

AManAPlan    10
AManAPlan
Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

hummm, Very fishy looking:suspicious:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I have wondered about this with my bidding on his items, but Neux is a responsible seller so one wouldn't expect him to be doing this?!

qball    11
qball

I am afraid, none of the bidders are linked to the seller. The seller spends huge amounts on enhancements to get better exposure on his items, this attracts a lot of new bidders to his auctions, not only that, bob spends millions to attract new users to the site every day. Just because you are being outbid by a new user does not mean it's shill bidding, we can find no links to these bidders and the seller.

Edited by qball
Spelling mistake

DIY PRODUCTS    10
DIY PRODUCTS

This upset me. I think its 1 thing to quietly think something, but another to post it on a forum under community watch.

Neux is in my opinion an exceptional seller all round, his achievements are no small thing... 100% Record for 80000 odd sales, scooping up all advertising opportunities despite the mamoth costs, consistent listing of high quality, in demand products (often selling WAY under cost-but delivered with a smile anyway) Never an 'out of office' reply to an email, instant response after payment etc.

There is only 1 Neux yet all sellers should aspire to parallel him, and if his efforts are met with comments like these then what hope does that leave for the rest of us?

Just my opinion, but trash it anyways...

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Dear DYI, don't you think your making a mountain out of a molehill? Neux was exonerated by management, but without the questions how are we to have a fair balance? What I hear you say, is the same as, "how dare you question the president, he's the president!" Remember, for the time being, we are still a democratic society.

DIY PRODUCTS    10
DIY PRODUCTS
Dear DYI, don't you think your making a mountain out of a molehill? Neux was exonerated by management, but without the questions how are we to have a fair balance? What I hear you say, is the same as, "how dare you question the president, he's the president!" Remember, for the time being, we are still a democratic society.

Just my opinion, but trash it anyways...

Thanks for coming to the party:blink1:

AManAPlan    10
AManAPlan

Qball,

Proof? Really? Investigating shill bidders? How can you? You need access to financial and postal tracking records to ensure that the transaction actually happened. The fact that Bob receives advertising on the Neux website and commission on the transactions, whether it really happened or not, makes your "findings" questionable. Anyways, I am done with Neux. The rest of you can believe what you want.

DIY,

There is always hope. You go get them sunshine.

qball    11
qball

We have ways to determine this (technical and other, including asking for proof of payment and shipment). You are welcome to come through to our offices and we will show you how we do investigate this (after signing a non-disclosure agreement, so we don't have all our security procedures compromised, we have nothing to hide...

I must admit though, I love a good conspiracy theory!

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
I must admit though, I love a good conspiracy theory!

Conspiracy theory.... or sour grapes because you lost several auctions on something you wanted???

svw    10
svw
Conspiracy theory.... or sour grapes because you lost several auctions on something you wanted???

Nothing more satisfying than placing an item on my watchlist then 'sniping' it with seconds to spare :laugh: ...

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Nothing more satisfying than placing an item on my watchlist then 'sniping' it with seconds to spare :laugh: ...

Only if the clock works properly.

ZoneMan    11
ZoneMan

Hey Neux is a great seller and I picked up several bargains from her...:bigsmile:

As far as tracing bidders, I would love to see have BoB handles VM's, cookies being wiped, multiple browser clients, multiple IP's from various mobile data cards and MAC spoofing...

As far as shipping and invoice docs beeing requested... a good shill just lifts bids and not win an auction. Who wants to pay success fees on numerous shill auctions?

Jacobusvdm    10
Jacobusvdm

I agree, he is a Clever bugger but the truth always comes out.

Colin_P    10
Colin_P
he is a Clever bugger

Who is?

Rambeo    10
Rambeo

Thanks AmanAPlan for asking the question. I'm sure everybody here has suspected one or other seller of the same practice but just let it go. I'm feeling more informed now thanks Qball for enlightening us that there are some procedures in place to track such " shill bidders " and also did not know that Bidorbuy had an open door policy to the customers. All in all let’s just say AmanAPlan should not be hauled over the coals for asking, the question that many others are too afraid to ask because they might be ridiculed by others.

There's my 2cents.

alloway65    10
alloway65

I think if NEUX was up to any funny business he would list his goods as Discreet as a lot of other sellers do!!!!

In my opinion a lot of BoB sellers list their offerings as DISCREET unnecessarily!

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

About a week ago he still had about 17 Negative Ratings. They are all gone.

Maybe someone can share the secret of getting them gone with me too?

alloway65    10
alloway65

Could be that buyers have now received their goods!

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade
Could be that buyers have now received their goods!

Unfortunately none of the ratings were related to the Postal Strike.

All the ratings were about bad service, bad products etc. One guy actually threatened him with a court case in the rating.

In my opinion, there is NO WAY that a seller can have no Negative ratings without help from somewhere!

Just my two cents worth...

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
In my opinion, there is NO WAY that a seller can have no Negative ratings without help from somewhere!

Just my two cents worth...

Yes, sellers can have no Negative Ratings - check Miss Jewels; geewhizz; lilythepink!! And there are plenty more! (The only help I have is from my hubby who posts when I can't get to the PO!)

admin    0
admin

When negative ratings are appealed with documented proof, they will be removed, that goes for any seller or buyer. As this thread is about Neux, I will give you one example of a negative rating that he appealed a while back.

Buyer complained about the bidding price that the item closed at. He was not happy and did not want to conclude the deal. He then decided to conclude the deal and when item was delivered complained about the legs being rusted. Seems pretty straight forward, doesn't it, only problem is, the legs were made of wood :awesome:

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade
Yes, sellers can have no Negative Ratings - check Miss Jewels; geewhizz; lilythepink!! And there are plenty more! (The only help I have is from my hubby who posts when I can't get to the PO!)

I am not referring to you that sell 2 items a month! I am looking at sellers like dzinergal, JM0007, dm556, YSLMAGIC etc. These are full time sellers.

Some buyers will always have something to complain about!

When negative ratings are appealed with documented proof, they will be removed,

Neux always gets it right to have the Negatives disappear. I will not believe that from a 120 000 sales, there was never grounds for a buyer to complain. I have watched his ratings for a very long time, and I am glad that he ALWAYS has documented proof. Good for him!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
I am not referring to you that sell 2 items a month! I am looking at sellers like dzinergal, JM0007, dm556, YSLMAGIC etc. These are full time sellers. Some buyers will always have something to complain about!

Miss Jewels and geewhizz are certainly selling a whole lot more than a mere 2 items a month! :whistling: :rolleyes:

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade
Miss Jewels and geewhizz are certainly selling a whole lot more than a mere 2 items a month!

I will make my last statement:

Even Miss Jewels has a few Neutrals to her name. That proves my point that there is buyers who will complain, whether it is about the product, packaging, shipping fees, postal strikes or whatever.

Miss Jewels profile is a true reflection of her account. The other big sellers that I mentioned is a true reflection of their accounts.

I (me, myself and I) do not believe that Neux's ratings is a true reflection of his account. You are entitled to believe otherwise.

Sellers will never query a Neutral rating with "documented proof", as it has no influence on their rating score, but as soon as a red face pops up, it is a different story.