Sign in to follow this  
MagicMan0027

Advise needed

MagicMan0027    10
MagicMan0027

I purchased an item from a seller on 16 Nov 2012. In the shipping description seller states that items are only posted the following weeks on Thursday. I enquired how much it will be if I require overnight courier and was quoted an amount. I paid the purchase price plus the fee as advised by the seller for overnight courier immediately.

I still havent received my item or a tracking no. I send several emails to the seller. I was promised it will be send by last week Friday...nothing...over the weekend I receive a call advising me it will be send by Monday.....still no tracking no...I phoned seller this morning and was promised that he will get back to me in a few minutes...nothing ....no call... I emailed seller again and sms'd seller and still no reply. :sad2:

I'm really getting peed off when I have to pay for speed services / overnight courier and have to wait so long for my item. I always pay for my items immediately after close of auction. I have never given anybody a negative rating....I would rather give no rating but I think it is about time for me to start giving negative ratings for bad service.

Is there a way for me to contact the seller by the same way that the seller leaves messages for me on BoB ? I'm tired of phoning and sending emails.

Thank you

HDMI    10
HDMI

Dear buyer,please accept my sincere appology for the day delay in sending the item. As per our shipping dates, we do shipping on thursdays/fridays. As per our discussion ,it would,t have been safe to send speedservices over weekends for safety reasons

. Your previous purchase from another seller illustrated this very point with the laptop bought from them being broken. To avoid any inconvenience,we suggested the shipping yesterday which was delayed by my colleage being off sick.

Goods dispatched over weekends lies with thousands other parcels at the regional distribution points,resulting in bigger chances for them breaking. In the past year,it happened twice over weekends where items dispatched got broken at the cape mail hub in Epping.

We package items extra securely,but the way it gets handled,results in breakages. I've seen with my eyes how an post office assistant oce dropped an heavy amp on an laptop,resulting not only in an R1200 for a replacement screen,but a week or 2 in delay.

I trust you woud enjoy your purchase and we included an extra padded carry bag for the inconvenience

Yet again,sorry for any inconvenience.

Kindest regards

The Hdmi team

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Please attach link of seller/ transaction .

Ratings should apply to honesty and performance, if this seller is misrepresenting himself (performance wise) or his products he needs to be rated accordingly. we need to help each other make solid decisions and that comes with research of feedback. I have never been in your position, but I would ask admin what to do, and follow suit. That kind of behavior is unacceptable in my opinion.

Good Luck MagicMan

HDMI    10
HDMI

Kindly take note that the auction only ended last sunday,the 18th,not the 16th as quoted. the buyer made payment last week and we did communicate with the buyer. Any seller can fal ill, and rating a seller negative because he fell ill,is unfortunate since we cannot see into the future. We are humans,even though the transactions takes place in cyberspace. Had we had Robots like some vehicle assembly plants, we'd have no late replies or parcels leaving a day late.

Judge a book by its cover.

Over the past month, our ratings improved significantly because of better communication,quicker transactions,etc.

Life is too short to rate my buyers negative. I look into every matter on merrit and had a buyer fallen ill,I grant them more time for payment. Also ,I wont give a buyer malicious ratings unneccasary. It is up to every buyer to rate a seller honestly. I trust the buyer will rate us in an honest manner.

PLEASE REFER TO BID OR BUY'S POLICY REGARDING MALICIOUS RATINGS/REVENGE RATINGS.

Kindest regards

Sleep well

Hdmi

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I know I would be t-eed off if I paid for overnight delivery and this didn't happen. I can understand not posting on the week-end but this could have been communicated immediately to the buyer (even a telephone call would have been warranted for this). But if an assistant was off sick, someone else should have ensured that the parcel was sent first thing on the Monday morning. Just my two cents worth ...

MrAerospace    10
MrAerospace

I agree. If one has received payment for overnight shipping, that should have happened immediately the next day!

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

If you fall ill, it remains your (the sellers') responsibility to inform your buyers or Bid or Buy. This cannot be used as an excuse, especially if you have a "Hdmi team"...... Someone in the team should surely be able to contact the necessary people? The one point I do agree on is posting items off on a Friday as they lay at the depots for quite a while and this is risky, but if the client paid for overnight, this is what he should be getting. If I were the judge, I would in this case, :blink1:rule in favour of the buyer.

MagicMan0027    10
MagicMan0027
Kindly take note that the auction only ended last sunday,the 18th,not the 16th as quoted. the buyer made payment last week and we did communicate with the buyer. Any seller can fal ill, and rating a seller negative because he fell ill,is unfortunate since we cannot see into the future. We are humans,even though the transactions takes place in cyberspace. Had we had Robots like some vehicle assembly plants, we'd have no late replies or parcels leaving a day late.

Judge a book by its cover.

Over the past month, our ratings improved significantly because of better communication,quicker transactions,etc.

Life is too short to rate my buyers negative. I look into every matter on merrit and had a buyer fallen ill,I grant them more time for payment. Also ,I wont give a buyer malicious ratings unneccasary. It is up to every buyer to rate a seller honestly. I trust the buyer will rate us in an honest manner.

PLEASE REFER TO BID OR BUY'S POLICY REGARDING MALICIOUS RATINGS/REVENGE RATINGS.

Kindest regards

Sleep well

Hdmi

Laptop received today.

My mistake about the date, it was 18th and not 16th BUT I paid immediately (as I always do). I specifically asked for speed services and was quoted R380 by you (for speed services) and it was paid. So surely I am entitled to speed services . If you don't intend to send by speed services do not quote buyers and accept the money. The extra padded carry bag that was send is used and has seen better days. It is full of hair inside with some old stationary. I was NEVER advised that anybody was ill. I was actually promised 2 times the item will be send and it wasn't.

I do not know how you manage to get the info about my previous purchase if nothing was posted on BidorBuy ??

About the ratings..I always rate any seller according to the service received. You do not have to refer me to any policy on malicious ratings because my rating will reflect the quality of service I received.

HDMI    10
HDMI

Item sent as promised

Laptop received today.

My mistake about the date, it was 18th and not 16th BUT I paid immediately (as I always do). I specifically asked for speed services and was quoted R380 by you (for speed services) and it was paid. So surely I am entitled to speed services . If you don't intend to send by speed services do not quote buyers and accept the money. The extra padded carry bag that was send is used and has seen better days. It is full of hair inside with some old stationary. I was NEVER advised that anybody was ill. I was actually promised 2 times the item will be send and it wasn't.

I do not know how you manage to get the info about my previous purchase if nothing was posted on BidorBuy ??

About the ratings..I always rate any seller according to the service received. You do not have to refer me to any policy on malicious ratings because my rating will reflect the quality of service I received.

Dear buyer,

I did communicate with you,hence the delay.

I alerted you of weekend theft and breakages at the regional sorting rooms and upon mutual agreement,we agreed the item be sent this week. The colleague responsible for packaging was off sick as explained and had the laptop with him since he would have taken it to the post office first thing monday.

As for the previous transaction you had with another seller,you told me so over the phone. I am not the fighting type,hence I would like to end it off on a good note

I trust you enjoy your machine

Have a wonderful day

Hdmi