Sign in to follow this  
captain emo

Some features I would like to see

captain emo    11
captain emo

I dont know how other buyers feel about this but here are some features I as a buyer would not complain about if they were implement.

1) List of best and worst rated sellers for the previous month. I hate having to go through each sellers previous ratings to see if he or she has been a good boy/girl recently before I decide to place my business with them. It would be quite handy to have a tab in which the top and worst sellers (and buyers as sellers might appreciate such a tool) for the previous month are in terms of completed sales and ratings obtained. Might be a bit tricky though as someone who sells one item and got a negative rating would have a 100% negative rating for that month. I just think a quick reference tool would assure me that the person is not known for repeated recent shady business ethics and practices.

2) An option to increase my automatic bid if I know I am going to be away from my computer. I have lost count of the number of times I have had to debate putting my automatic bid at a large amount or whether to watch an auction like a hawk. it would be nice to have the option to up an automatic bid if you see that an auction is heating up and your original automatic bid may not cut it. That way if a buyer sees they have placed a auto bid too low and they are not going to be at their computer, they can up the auto bid and check again when they get back. Currently the only option is to outbid yourself to a higher level and end up sometimes unnecessarily having to pay in extra.

3) Bob automatically relisting items that have been listed in the wrong category. I am tired of seeing items listed in the wrong catergories because. It doesnt take much time to skip over them but just is a nuisance. Some fool keeps listing hunting knives in the gaming category. Sure gaming vs hunting game I can buy the mistake once but when every week yours is th only hunting knife in amongst Xboxes, PS3's and games surely you realise you are a noob.

4) A seperate section for overseas sales/imported sales. Kinda frustrating to find a bargain and then look at the postage and find it to be R350 or some sort. If I am going to pay that kind of postage it has to be something I really want. I think seperating local and international sales will allow people to only look at the international stuff if they really want it that badly instead of having to sift through ads only to have a hernia when looking at the postage. This may prove difficult to police though as I have seen a few sellers listed as in Durban but when you read a bit you find the goods come from Hong Kong.

5) Related to the above i would like to see one extra piece of info being mandatory on each ad summary (the bit whre quantity, current bid etc are shown) that being whether the item is actually in stock. Reading through ratings as I do sometimes I find it quite common that a buyer pays for a product only for the sale to fall through because the seller can no longer obtain the item or worse still where the seller tries to substitute it with somthing else. This situation can be avoided entirely if the buyer is aware before hand that the item is not in possession of the seller and is coming from elsewhere. it would also be nice to have an estimated minimum delivery time listed on the summary.

Let me know what the rest of you think

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I have to agree with you about your point No. 3. Instead of relisting in the correct categories, I feel BoB could just cancel the listing and state in their rules that this will happen if items are deliberately and continually listed in the wrong category! It is very, very frustrating when trying to buy something to have to wade through hundreds (if not thousands) of irrelevant items.

kebs    10
kebs

I think for point number 2, there is sms notification if you activate it? Not sure if you can then increase your bid via cell? I would love something for point 5.. I personally have most things in stock, but not all as I have limited space for storage & some items are added by request from buyers, which would then need to be ordered. Despite the big red flashing letters in these listings to specify the longer delivery time, some people still don't read it & get upset as the current system requires you to enter an available amount.. You can't specify I have none, but my supplier has 10! :bigsmile:

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

I think item 2 could be valid, the rest would require a great deal of more staff to siff through the millions of listings on a daily basis, requiring more staff, more money and ultimately higher fees,

What I would like to see is, when I go to change the time of my auction closing, I hit the time, and it tells me what I have that is closing in that hour so I can position how I like, without checking out that hour afterwards to make sure I don't have anything else similar closing at the same time!

Stay tune to this channel, I got a lot of great ideas!

Bargain Coins    10
Bargain Coins

maybe those sellers that sell the oversea products should state their town including the letters "intl" next to it. so if the seller stay in capetown intl i know to avoid his listings

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I really would like point 4 implemented and I've previously requested this. The drop ship list has grown astronomically over the past 4 months with a regular growth weekly. Ideally, this section should be reserved for sellers with a long standing relationship with BoB and not for sellers with ratings of under 1000+ (my opinion).

The ideal would be for listings to have the selection of "shipped locally" or "shipped internationally" without actually going to go into the auction to see the shipping. Local stock can be shipped within 3 working days opposed to stock being shipped within 5 - 15 working days.

If BoB can bring in a function like this is would be fantastic.

I personally carry all my stock and find it very frustrating when a "newish" seller also becomes a drop shipper and shipping is not very clearly stated. As soon as I see shipping is within 7 - 12 working days, I assume it's not local stock. .....Just my opinion...:thinking:

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Lets us not forget the necessity of having a "Freeze" button that will save everything-"as is"- for a set time frame, offline, so we can take time off, emergency or otherwise. At the moment it is easier to take all my items with me when I travel, then it is to re-list everything again.

captain emo    11
captain emo

Totally unrealistic but a nice feature when bidding on an auction or when your auction is bid on is a message pop informing you that the last time you bought from/sold to an individual negative ratings ensued. People could then be reminded of any bad dealings they may have had in the past instead of having to go through all the ratings they had received/given in the past to try remember if the buyer or seller is really someone they want to deal with again. Not saying people should be branded forever because of a past event but at least the buyer/seller can then make an informed decision.

It would be kinda nice if when you hover over a user name it shows a summary of ratings received (eg 20 good, 5 neutral, 20 bad). If the person then wants more detail they can click on the name and go look at the details of ratings. i think this would help people sift the bad sellers from the good and for sellers to sift through the legitimate buyers as opposed to the tire kickers. I think ever seller knows of at least one buyer who has used the excuse that they just bid on an auction for the hell of it and didnt expect to win so they have no intention of paying (personally I think a special part of hell should be reserved for numnuts like that).

captain emo    11
captain emo

Just another idea I had but dont know if it is feasible. In the promotions tab (crazy Wednesday, Snap Friday etc) how about a no shipping charge (free shipping) auctions/sales. I think the lack of shipping might bring in a lot of buyers who are not comfortable with having to work out what something is going to cost in total (yes I know its hard to believe that these people still survive given that an inability to do this simple calculation should surely point towards evolution rejecting their genes in the interest of evolution of the species) and the price they see will be the price they pay.

Vegar    10
Vegar

OK. I got proof that I am not as smart as I think I am ... I just type in the search box FREE SHIPPING and then I go to the category I am interested in.

Works every time ... smart shopper :bigsmile: I promise you, the lower we are on the evolutionary scale the better we are at sussing out a good deal!

captain emo    11
captain emo

haha ok fair enough i walked into that one. I am aware that one can use the term free shipping and I use it too. Unfortunately we must realise that not all users will think to do this. In addition the seller may not put free shipping into the description (why they would choose to do this I don't know but it is possible). If a buyer is searching by title only then they miss some entries.

As sad as it is people are to a large extent lazy and want convenience. It is a lot easier to click on a tab saying free shipping than to use their brain and use the search function. A new user may also not use the right search terms. For example they want a ps3 game with free postage. They type "ps3 free". We all know search tools are never 100 percent accurate so it spits out unrelated results. New buyer gets gatvol and chooses to not use bid or buy again. U may say this is unrealistic, go read the number of posts by new users complaining how kak bob is. 9 times out of 10 it is because they werent spoonfed through the process of buying. Evolution can only do so much to weed out the dim and its illegal to help the process along.