Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

An abuser in our midst

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

There is a gemseller or bob user out there who is very nasty - and one who, in my opinion, does not know how to read! (perhaps it's time they go back to school instead of sending community watch complaints for so-called Illegal items!)

CW report just received on the below item:

Quartz - 22.62 cts BICOLOURED QUARTZ fancy facet (Africa) for sale in Oudtshoorn (ID:81973222)

CW contents:

"From a personal note, I've been in the gemstone trade for about 10 years & you don't get the natural mixture of green Amethyst (prasiolite) + Citrine in one stone - this is created using the hydrothermal process. There is only one instance that can occur naturally and that is the Bolivian. I was just wanting to give you a heads-up as to remove the word natural for your own wellbeing, but if you feel that you'd rather take the risk, then the choice is yours. CCG"

Firstly - if you look at how this complaint is ended - someone is posing as me 'CCG' - this scares the daylights out of me as other sellers' could be receiving similar CW reports and assume that it is myself doing them (which is not the case).

Secondly - that NOWHERE does it state that this is a natural gemstone!!!

Also, at NO stage is it stated that this is a Prasiolite and Citrine mixed stone - it is a QUARTZ!

I would appreciate feedback in this regard from other users, including Cuan.

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

If I had to play devil's advocate...

All I can think of is that perhaps the user meant to use a comma rather than a full stop, which would have been used to address you rather than sign on your behalf.

In as far as it being natural goes, while it may not be stated, the fact that it is not listed in the section dedicated to lab created could be used to argue that a natural origin was implied. Although the user specifically asked for the word to be removed so that doesn't seem to be the reasoning.

But really, the current price is even very low for a lab stone.

admin    0
admin

Hi CCG,

I have requested the users doc's.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Dear Cali,

I wouldn't worry about this character to much. He is not an abuser or a bidder, but a self appointed "corrector". He has graced my pages in the past, and though his Gemstone Knowledge may be as vast as he professes, it is obvious his reading skills are lacking.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Thanks everyone.

I used the word "abuser" incorrectly as for the life of me I could not think of a more appropriate word at the time.

But the fact of the matter remains - this person 'could' be signing off as CCG just to rub others up the wrong way (if he / she is making CW reports on multiple sellers), and he / she still cannot read as there is no "natural" in the listing. IF any item of mine is natural without a doubt, then this is stated clearly in the title and the listing.

I have only recently started inserting "natural" into the natural listings again as I find this is important for the buyer. That is also why when questioned about a stone being natural or not, I state that the word "natural" is excluded accordingly.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin
Thanks everyone.

I have only recently started inserting "natural" into the natural listings again as I find this is important for the buyer. That is also why when questioned about a stone being natural or not, I state that the word "natural" is excluded accordingly.

Don't you find it funny how some people read things into discriptions that aren't there?:whistling:

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Complaining and / or 'stirring the trouble pot' comes as 'natural' to some people as breathing. If they cannot find something to complain about, they will 'naturally' stir the pot.

Ruthie

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus
Complaining and / or 'stirring the trouble pot' comes as 'natural' to some people as breathing. If they cannot find something to complain about, they will 'naturally' stir the pot.

Ruthie

This is so true, and they normally have half the "facts"