Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

SA Defence Force

lilythepink

We are wondering just how they plan to protect South Africans when they can't even protect their own property!

The 6SAI base in Grahamstown has had a few kilometres of its back boundary fence stolen, with the thick upright wooden posts having been sawn off neatly just above ground level!! (I personally phoned them a few weeks back when just two of the posts had been stolen but, obviously, they didn't do anything about guarding their expensive, electric back border fence! I guess it's just a matter of time before everything at the army base is stolen, too??!!) And, of course, now all the game which was inside the army base is out and in the surrounding veld, ready to be poached!

I could spit snakes when I think how taxpayers' money is being wasted!!

Jongleur
We are wondering just how they plan to protect South Africans when they can't even protect their own property!

The 6SAI base in Grahamstown has had a few kilometres of its back boundary fence stolen, with the thick upright wooden posts having been sawn off neatly just above ground level!! (I personally phoned them a few weeks back when just two of the posts had been stolen but, obviously, they didn't do anything about guarding their expensive, electric back border fence! I guess it's just a matter of time before everything at the army base is stolen, too??!!) And, of course, now all the game which was inside the army base is out and in the surrounding veld, ready to be poached!

I could spit snakes when I think how taxpayers' money is being wasted!!

Apparently the government is looking at a proposal to erect a fence on the Mozambique border

to stop poachers killing the Rhino`s. How will they ever keep it intact ? Totally absurd.

svw
Apparently the government is looking at a proposal to erect a fence on the Mozambique border

to stop poachers killing the Rhino`s. How will they ever keep it intact ? Totally absurd.

Wonder which 'bright spark' has submitted the tender - so much for our Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park. Erecting a fence will make no difference not when vets and helicopters are involved.

STOP RHINO POACHING NOW!

Edited by svw

JANDS

Speaking of wildlife roaming...I'll take one of those Ratels thanks.

booksallsizes

Maybe they're planning to use the Grahamstown SADF's fence.

lilythepink

So that is what the SA army are doing these days? Transporting their fences from one border to another?! (The poles must be getting shorter and shorter with each move!) That's why they don't have time to guard their own borders anymore?

Jokes aside, our local Grocott's mail is investigating - they've been out with MrAerospace to see the situation and have taken pictures. I will keep you updated as soon as the articles appear in the press!

MrAerospace

What I don't understand is that when I did my basic training I was stationed at 6SAI (Grahamstown) and every boundary was guarded (24 hours a day!)

Does the SA Defence Force now not bother with guarding anything?