Sign in to follow this  
south_bound

Unfair revenge rating from buyer in India

south_bound    10
south_bound

Hope there is someone out there that can help.

At the end of 2011 a buyer from India bought a large lot of coins from me on BOB. The buyer asked to pay through paypal and I made arrangements to receive the payment. The buyer made payment and the coins were mailed via Surface mail to the address given by the buyer in India.

The buyer opted for the cheaper surface mail option and contacted me after a month enquiring where his coins were. I checked up on the SAPO website and the coins were still in Durban in storage, awaiting a boat to take it to Dubai and from there to India. I explained to the buyer that the coins were in transit and that it would take a long time to reach him and that we will continue tracking the parcel to make sure it reaches it's destination. Shortly after this mail the buyer contacted PAYPAL and retracted the monies paid. PAYPAL was not helpful even after I supplied all the tracking data as requested by them. I contacted the buyer and he told me that he will pay the money again, once the parcel reaches him. We continued to track the item and notified the buyer that the parcel arrived in India and that it was with their customs office. The buyer then failed to pick up the parcel from customs as he promised and is unresponsive to requests to make the pick-up. At this stage I am out of both the coins and the money and have subsequently stopped all payments to the PAYPAL account. I have also in the last 2 weeks asked our post office to send instructions to the India customs to return the items back to me in South Africa. 2 Weeks ago, the buyer won 5 auctions from me on BOB. He did not contact me prior to placing the bids and without even finding out whether he could bid or how he would make the payment. I initiated an SNC against the buyer for non-payment, the buyer then appealed the SNC, BOB then declined the appeal and found in favour of the seller....me.

Once the SNC's were completed, I gave the buyer a negative rating (as per the normal procedure). I have now received a negative rating from the buyer for the initial lot he bought from me (as per above explanation). I feel that this rating is extremely unfair as I have bend backwards trying to assist the buyer, and he opted not to collect and pay for the coins.

I am totally shocked at this buyer's behaviour, after retracting the money, he was still happy to bid again.

Can this negative rating be reviewed by BOB? If so, who can I contact. I have all the documentation between myself, the buyer and SAPO as well as the shipping company as proof from my side.

Any assistance would be appreciated,

kind regards

Joan

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

Hi Joan. Welcome to the forum. Please forward a copy of this post directly to Bid or Buy and they will definitely assist you in having this unfair rating removed.

Their email address : communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

The sale he has given you a negative rating on is not complete as you have not been paid by paypal nor has he collected the coins

You are therefore entitled to file an SNC and poof the negative is gone.:laugh:

south_bound    10
south_bound
The sale he has given you a negative rating on is not complete as you have not been paid by paypal nor has he collected the coins

You are therefore entitled to file an SNC and poof the negative is gone.:laugh:

Hi there, yes I would have done this, however the sale was from December 2011 and I don't have an option to file the SNC. BOB did however respond to the mail I sent them and took the negative rating away. Believe it or not, it seems the buyer has again given me a negative rating for the same sale. How does this work?

kind regards

Joan

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

This sounds weird in the extreme! Have you reported it to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za with all the relevant information (i.e. dates, item id, etc.)?

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Somebody needs to take a look at the rating system. I just receive a neutral rating from a buyer stating the following:

Fast delivery, however quite disappointed with the condition of the necklace. It was broken in 1 place :-(

So I phoned her just now, and offer her a replament. No, she said, not neccessary for a replacement, it's only a ring that came loose, and she fixed it herself!!

My goodness, there is a big difference between BROKEN in 1 place, and only a small ring that came loose. She changed it to positive now, but I am still not satisfied with the word "broken" :-(

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet
Hi there, yes I would have done this, however the sale was from December 2011 and I don't have an option to file the SNC. BOB did however respond to the mail I sent them and took the negative rating away. Believe it or not, it seems the buyer has again given me a negative rating for the same sale. How does this work?

kind regards

Joan

I think the only way this could happen is for Bidorbuy to reinstate the rating.Perhaps the buyer gave his side of the story.

If I was you I would phone Bidorbuy and find out the reasons for the turnabout.

wayjen    10
wayjen

How come a buyer can rate sellers up to a year after date of purchase but south_bound cannot file an SNC within a year?

Not knowing the full story of what happened here, the last post sounds like a revenge rating.

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack
How come a buyer can rate sellers up to a year after date of purchase but south_bound cannot file an SNC within a year.

what he said.

south_bound    10
south_bound

Hi guys

I did send BOB community watch a mail regarding this but have not yet received a response. As for the buyer's side, he has no side. I have all the correspondence between myself, SAPO, Mearsk Zealand (shipping carrier), India customs etc. The buyer was notified that the coins are in India, they confirmed it, he opted not to pick it up. What am I to do? I have lost the coins, lost the money and still I get a negative rating.

I am very frustrated at the moment....

Joan

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Sometimes it takes a while for BoB to respond to us, Joan. They thoroughly investigate the situation, in fairness with both parties involved, so it does take time.

I suggest that if you haven't had a response by Friday, you email them again and quote their reference number which they will already have given you on receipt of your initial email. Good luck, lass.

Vegar    10
Vegar

Am I wrong in assuming that if the buyer opts not to collect the package it will be sent back?

I believe that is how it works here - which is an international practice.

south_bound    10
south_bound
Am I wrong in assuming that if the buyer opts not to collect the package it will be sent back?

I believe that is how it works here - which is an international practice.

Hi

yes, I also thought so, when SAPO got hold of the folks in India they said that they were waiting for instructions to "return to sender" as there would be charges that need to be paid. These instructions have now been sent, so I am holding thumbs :worried: