Sign in to follow this  
gypseygirl

Need advice please

gypseygirl    10
gypseygirl

Will fellow forum users please give me their feelings on my experience:

I bought an item, which when arrived is of very poor quality - I gave the item a negative rating stating what the problem is.

The seller responded saying she would offer a refund.

My problem is that she would then expect me to remove my negative rating and as far as I know, the rating system is there for other buyers to use as a measure of what can be expected should they make the same purchase, if the seller keeps refunding those that do complain and the negative ratings are removed, is it really a true reflection?

And the buyer would still be out of pocket as the postage paid (usually more than the actual postage costs) is never refunded.:worried::worried::worried:

retailrush    10
retailrush

If the seller has offered a refund and you accept then personally I would change my rating to neutral with a statement saying that you were not happy with the item, which in your opinion was of poor quality, but that you received a prompt resolution from the seller in the form of a full refund. I don't think you could be fairer than that.

This way you are still alerting future buyers regarding the product as well as putting their minds at rest that this seller is a decent person and will address any issued promptly.