Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

Credit Card Payment Option or Not?

ziggy2000    10
ziggy2000

My Credit Card Commission paid since enabling the Credit Card payment option about a year ago totals over R5000! About 1 in 5 sales are paid with credit card. Small change for some sellers but for me this is a substantial amount. I was told that to encourage sales one basically has to have the CC facility as too many users use smart phones and the majority of them prefer cc payments. I would like to know if thorough research has been done in this area, or if anybody else (buyers and sellers) have opinions on this?

Edited by ziggy2000

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

I have also calculated the cost and have now removed this option.

It does not seem to have affected my sales.I will accept CC payments from overseas buyers and that is it

or buyer can add the 5%.

5% Spread over a number of buyers is fairer than the seller having to pay the percentage. Shops add on 5% when buyers pay via CC

kebs    10
kebs

Are we allowed to add the 5%? I thought it wasn't allowed?

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

No we are not allowed to ask the buyer to pay the 5% but I have the option

for the buyer to ask for a cc payment and if they do I will just say I am not prepared to pay the 5%

I will only pay the 5% if it is an overseas buyer because CC is the only way for them to pay me.I dont use paypal or Bobpay EFT

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

CC is just so convenient for the buyers.

We will be keeping it....for now.

kebs    10
kebs

I have it, but only allow it on sales over R300 - although not all buyers read this, so it does take some patience to explain without swearing sometimes! I noticed a definite increase in sales when I started offering it & have had some buyers who don't have access for EFT, cash deposit is such a mission, so credit card is the only option they will use to pay... If I don't offer it, they will just go to some-one else who does... :meh: