Sign in to follow this  
Ilya2005

Seller GML Selling Synthetic Sapphires As Natural

Ilya2005    10
Ilya2005

After buying two Sapphires advertised as "natural" from GML, I had both sent to AGL/American Gem Labs in New York City for certification. Imagine my shock, surprise and disappointment upon being told by AGL that BOTH "natural" Sapphires are synthetic. Not natural sapphires that had been heated or treated...SYNTHETIC Sapphires worth basically nothing.

To make things worse, I've e-mailed GML on several occasions asking for assistance, help or reimbursement. I have had all e-mails ignored. Hardly professional. Plus, I'm still out more than R1500 for the two "gems" plus the R1000 I spent on certification.

Is there a BOB overseer who needs to know when a seller quite frankly misrepresents his gems as "natural" when, in actuality, they are synthetic?

Auction Item #'s: 67727915, 71125715

Other than being fleeced by GML, every other seller's items have been as described and wonderful.

Thanks, all...

Ilya2005

In the USA

kebs    10
kebs

Hi there..

You can email everything to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za. They will probably require the certification as well. This is definitely not my area of expertise, but I think the people in the know & with the power aren't online this weekend.. Maybe some-one will come on tomorrow with more help for you.. Hope you come right!

Ilya2005    10
Ilya2005
Hi there..

You can email everything to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za. They will probably require the certification as well. This is definitely not my area of expertise, but I think the people in the know & with the power aren't online this weekend.. Maybe some-one will come on tomorrow with more help for you.. Hope you come right!

Hi...

Many thanks for the suggestion. I'll scan the certs showing that both gems are synthetic and follow your advice. By the way, still no response from GML...even after more than three e-mails and several days.

Ilya2005

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

That is exactly what you should do. Send copies of the reports explaining the situation to BoB and CC the seller.

Do bear in mind that honest mistakes can happen, even in the best of labs.

Avoid being confrontational as it will only make this problem harder to resolve.

I doubt you could hold the seller liable for you laboratory costs unless he agreed to this prior to you sending them in.

Your best course of action will probably be to request a refund of the purchase price and, if you are fortunate, shipping fees too.