Sign in to follow this  
Not1CentMore

Death Of An American Icon

Not1CentMore

After 80+ years, Hostess has closed it's doors. Hostess made iconic cake products such as Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Ho Ho’s, Sno Balls and Donettes. They also sold brand name breads: Wonder, Nature’s Pride, Merita, Home Pride, Butternut, and Beefsteak.

It's a good thing Twinkies, or so it has been reported, have a 'shelf life' of 30-years. They might not be that fun to eat, but they don't rot.

Reckon I best 'hustle' down to the store and fill up a cart. Who knows, they might fetch a few pennies on auction... in about 50-years.

Ruthie

wayjen

I see they already listing on eBay for something like $5000 or there abouts.

Jongleur
After 80+ years, Hostess has closed it's doors. Hostess made iconic cake products such as Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Ho Ho’s, Sno Balls and Donettes. They also sold brand name breads: Wonder, Nature’s Pride, Merita, Home Pride, Butternut, and Beefsteak.

It's a good thing Twinkies, or so it has been reported, have a 'shelf life' of 30-years. They might not be that fun to eat, but they don't rot.

Reckon I best 'hustle' down to the store and fill up a cart. Who knows, they might fetch a few pennies on auction... in about 50-years.

Ruthie

In the RSA they are referred to as "Tinkies" - "a kiss of cream in a hug of sponge". Sold them by the truckload in the `90`s.