Sign in to follow this  
shamotz

Kitchen Devil Knives

shamotz

I was given a gift by someone who went to the UK. It is a little Kitchen Devil kniife and since then I've been hunting all local sites for this brand without any luck. I've found them on Amazon but most don't ship to SA :sad2: - besides I prefer shopping on BoB!

I'd like to buy MANY of these - there are so many ladies I know who would love even one of these in their kitchen.

I want the Control range block set and a the sharpener!

Not1CentMore

Amazon may not ship these to SA, but I can. If you cannot find locally and other Forum members cannot assist, I will gladly assist in getting from the USA to SA. I can list on BoB either single or bulk.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

lilythepink

These knives sound interesting, Ruthie. Perhaps you could post us pics here on the forum? We might like them so much we'll want you to list them on BoB!

JANDS

As a woodworker who is used to sharpening tools and knives and such, I can swear by the excellence of Kitchen Devil. I have a bread knife from that brand and I want no other. I believe that with all the so-called "gauranteed sharp for life" crap we see available here, if Kitchen Devil became available in South Africa, old school folks who enjoyed quality would not be buying any other. I would also be interested Ruthie.

svw

I am always on the lookout for a decent knife that remains sharp - nothing worse than a draw full of knives and most of them blunt...

Not1CentMore

I have tried to source this side and only available through, as mentioned above, Amazon. I have listed for Amazon price (including shipping from them to me). Not sure what shipping will be me to you, but would send USPS 1st Class International Registered Insured, if under 3.9-lbs and either USPS Global Priority (no insurance) 4+ -lbs....unless you'd like them shipped with insurance and then they would have to go USPS Expedited (more expensive). We can sort shipping costs out when prepared to ship (packaged according to 'rules' to ship to SA).... and how you want shipped.

Ruthie

Here you go (two days only):

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/81932237/Kitchen_Devils_Lifestyle_Kitchen_Knife.html

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/81932860/Kitchen_Devils_Lifestyle_Multi_Purpose_Knife.html

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/81932911/Kitchen_Devils_Lifestyle_Vegetable_Knife.html

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/81933472/Kitchen_Devil_Lifestyle_Utility_Knife.html

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/81933491/Kitchen_Devils_Lifestyle_Peeler_Paring_Knife.html

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/81935812/Kitchen_Devils_Control_20cm_Large_Cooks_Knife.html

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/81936913/Kitchen_Devils_Lifestyle_Meat_Carving_and_Bread_Knife.html

Edited by Not1CentMore

JANDS

SVW....to make you smile, buy the bottom one....the meat carving and bread knife....Mine is now 22 years old.

svw
SVW....to make you smile, buy the bottom one....the meat carving and bread knife....Mine is now 22 years old.

Thanks for the advice JANDS - from past experience if a knife is slightly blunt the chances of cutting oneself is increased tenfold!

I bought some knives recently full stainless steel excellent quality BUT I am sharpening them every couple of days and I only use a wooden board etc so that they remain sharp...

JANDS

Just a few words of advice if I may SVW. 1) Keep your sharp ladies out of the cutlery drawer, their edges bump each other. 2) Do not wash them with the dishes and cutlery, once again their edges get bumped. Wipe them with a cloth after use and put them in a safe place. 3) As silly as this sounds, use one specific knife to cut the acidic foods such as tomatoes, lemons, oranges etc, they contain enough acids to munch away at razor sharp edges. 4) Due to modern-day laziness and ease of use, stainless steel has been adopted as a cutting edge. It can be sharpened but will never hold its edge for very long. Those old fashioned knives you see in the secondhand shops that look rusted, made in England or Germany usually, are your best bet. They are high-carbon steels which will take and hold razor-edges much longer than stainless. They do however want to be loved and cared for, wiped dry and a touch of olive-oil to keep them silky.....(Much like women eh lass?)

Out of that lot that Ruthie has so kindly listed for us, the knife I mentioned before is worth buying 3 of and packing 2 in the top of your laundry cpd out of reach of everyone.

Watch your fingers and cook from the soul....

With caring

Jan

lilythepink

I have ordered from Ruthie - thanks to your recommendation, JANDS!

And, please note, this is my 10 000th post - I need a break, I think! (And not a broken leg or arm!)

Not1CentMore

Rec'd, Janet. Thanks. Will order today and let you know when it arrives. What with the upcoming 4-day holiday, I am 'thinking' not until next week sometime.

Congrats on 10k post!

Ruthie

MrAerospace

We're not in a hurry for the knife, Ruthie, but I think I need it more than lily does!

shamotz

AAArrrggg~! I hate that our connectivity was down - cursing Telkom for exchange problems! How much did shipping+insurance come to lilythepink?

Thanks Not1Cent for the awesomeness. Depending on the cost of shipping I think I will ask you to try listing a shapner and a lifestyle block set when we get back from the holidays!

Not1CentMore
AAArrrggg~! I hate that our connectivity was down - cursing Telkom for exchange problems! How much did shipping+insurance come to lilythepink?

Thanks Not1Cent for the awesomeness. Depending on the cost of shipping I think I will ask you to try listing a shapner and a lifestyle block set when we get back from the holidays!

After the holidays, give me a yell and I will see if still available on Amazon and will list on BoB for you.

Ruthie

lilythepink

It all depends on what method of shipping you choose - you'll have to speak to Ruthie about the costs of shipping! Please order LOTS from her! :toung:

shamotz

Hi Ruthie,

If you come across the Control block set and a shapner please let me know cost and funds-dependant I'll ask you to list for me :D

Thanks!

Have I mentioned you're awesome for doing this?

Not1CentMore

Thank-you for your kind words. I 'try' to help if I can. Please check your PM.

Ruthie

lilythepink

We are very happy with our purchase from Ruthie! If either of us were inclined to get caught up in any protest marches, it would make an ideal "cultural weapon"!!