Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Who Allows Viewing Of Their Items?

wayjen    10
wayjen

We just got a question regarding one of our prints(paintings) and the person interested wants to know where they can come and see the item in question, I responded that as a rule we do not allow viewings and that's why I take pictures and I asked if their other 7 sellers allowed viewing of those items before the bids were placed.

What is the protocol regards viewing, as far as I know it's not allowed?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I think it's a seller's prerogative to allow someone to view something, providing the sale still goes through BoB?!!

With extremely valuable items this can't be "illegal" or against any BoB rules - I mean, who wants to buy valuable paintings without ensuring they are the real thing? I think the CPA would allow a buyer to view something if the seller was prepared to allow this?

Cuan, please help us here.

moppies    10
moppies

This is not really related to selling on bob but if one should allow viewing of an item. I had a stall at Aarklop recently and a client took my business card. After a few days she phoned - asking if she could come to my house to buy some more items. I agreed and so we met. As she was late for our appointment, I started with the daily routine after work. When she came, she went through the stuff and constantly asked me for this and for that and every time I went to fetch some more items. She finally paid and quickly left. I packed all the stuff back and continued preparing food. Late that night, something was bothering me so I unpacked all the stuff she was looking at and asking for - just to discover that two of my imported pendants (retail value at plusminus R150 each) were missing. The next day I tried phoning her and till today she is not answering her phone. I don't know her surname anddon't know where she lives but I do hope that the pendants she stole from me gives her joy! Never again!!

wayjen    10
wayjen

We get enough time wasters on BoB, I don't need them coming to my house too and like you say moppies, they might steal my sweets while I am not looking.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn
Look I found Toronto.

Haha...

I allow buyers in Pretoria to do pickups but I've never heard of a previewing

wayjen    10
wayjen
Haha...

I allow buyers in Pretoria to do pickups but I've never heard of a previewing

Do you charge for pickups?

dstorm    10
dstorm

Please move this post to X-rated.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn
Do you charge for pickups?

Yes and as much as I can "squeeze out".:laugh:

wayjen    10
wayjen

No I am serious, do people charge for collections because there is one seller on BoB charging R100 for collections.

wayjen    10
wayjen

Good night all, this Cape Crusader is going to get some beauty sleep and Lard knows I need it.

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn
No I am serious, do people charge for collections because there is one seller on BoB charging R100 for collections.

Umm....that would be no.I remember that.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Look I found Toronto.

I've always wanted a forklift truck licence!! :wacko:

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

We charge R100 for LATE collections. ie: Storage fee.

However stuff is still paid for and left here for months.........

Time to make it a R100 a week.

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

PS: We offer previewing for our regular buyers before the auctions, but no one is interested.

I think the biggest advantage of buying on an online auction is not going anywhere!