Sign in to follow this  
ziggy2000

OMW, nerves of steel with the R1 Auctions!!!

ziggy2000    10
ziggy2000

I should probably be crying but what the hell! I sold 2 porcelain dolls, not 1 but 2 (!) last night on the Crazy Wed sales for the sum total of R1. Today the buyer pays with a credit card :) Wow, seriously need to rethink these Crazy Wed sales :unsure:

wayjen    10
wayjen

Did you say No Credit Card payments?

ziggy2000    10
ziggy2000

Hi Wayjen, I do allow CC payments so it is for the buyer to choose how they want to pay. But whether it was CC payment or EFT, either way I can't win with a R1 sale...

wayjen    10
wayjen

yip, why would you list them on a R1 auction if you not prepared to let them go for that price?

ziggy2000    10
ziggy2000

Wayjen, I am letting them go for that price :) We all live in hope when listing on the R1 auctions...

wayjen    10
wayjen
Wayjen, I am letting them go for that price :) We all live in hope when listing on the R1 auctions...

You HAVE to let them go at that price now.

Play the lotto rather, you stand a chance of winning enough money to buy more porcelain dolls.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Most sellers have inserted a minimum limit for credit card purchases - we have a minimum of R150. This is in place to protect ourselves as sellers so that we don't end up losing on low value purchases where the mark up or profit is very low already (especially beads and ziplock bags - my mark-up on the ziplocks is only R1 per pack of 1000 pieces yet the credit card charge on one pack plus shipping would be R2.75 which ends up costing me to sell the item!)

But overall I know the feeling of selling a high value item at R1! It is a chance you take... (yet as a buyer I have won stacks at R1 over the years)

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
I should probably be crying but what the hell! I sold 2 porcelain dolls, not 1 but 2 (!) last night on the Crazy Wed sales for the sum total of R1. Today the buyer pays with a credit card :) Wow, seriously need to rethink these Crazy Wed sales :unsure:

Lucky buyer ! I have always liked the way you set up your auctions and the very nice, unique items you sell.

Your items also attract a number of bids so this buyer is indeed very fortunate.

alloway65    10
alloway65

Budget over 12 months!!!:embarrest:

alloway65    10
alloway65

Even though one can loose money on R1 auctions, they do give one more exposure....I only do R1 auctions every two weeks or so.

voldermort    10
voldermort

lol, puts me in mind of when I tried the Crazy Wed & indeed I sold a dvd for a whole R1........oh my word, whilst wrapping that item I was giving out waves of hate (amongst a few choice swear words) I am sure even Dimitri was blushing at my sailor language :disgusted: that was when I realised that I & the Crazy Wed were not destined to be :sad:

ziggy2000    10
ziggy2000

Ha Ha Alloway, indeed budget 12 months?? And Jongleur, thanks for the compliment :))

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

nces out.

R1 Happens!!! But if you have sold other items for more than you expected on the R! it all balances outThe problem I have with CC payments is that you will pay 5% on postage Eich!!.I have removed the CC option because people dont read and as far as I am concerned they can draw the money from their CC's and pay the 5% themselves

dstorm    10
dstorm
that was when I realised that I & the Crazy Wed were not destined to be :sad:

Exactly!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I am still waiting for a R1.00 win (paid for immediately) to be posted, despite emails and a phone call to the seller!!! I wonder if it will ever come. Postage was high and that is why I only bid R1.00!!!