Sign in to follow this  
MrAerospace

Fire at Cape St Francis (St Francis Bay)

Cali Craft and Gems

Even though there is unlikely a silver lining on this cloud, the good news of the saga is that it did not happen in peak season! You can only imagine the total chaos involved if this had been in the middle of the holidays next month.

I've been following this story since it broke late yesterday afternoon as we used to live in the village many years ago and still have family friends there.

wayjen

I have been sent pictures from the morning after the fire taken from the water side but they are on facebook and I am not sure I can post the link here.

alloway65

So tragic, such a lovely place, no fatalities thank goodness....we thought of moving there some years ago.

Pathway

My younger son and his family live in Cape St Francis, he said the whole sky was glowing.

MrAerospace
My younger son and his family live in Cape St Francis, he said the whole sky was glowing.

Thank goodness they weren't hurt and, hopefully, their home wasn't involved in the disaster!

Cali Craft and Gems

@Pathway - was thinking of you and your family all night. So pleased that they were not affected by this tragedy.