Sign in to follow this  
JohnBenn

What do I do?

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Hi

I've made a sale on Sunday and sent an email, not long after, to the buyer.But I still have received no reply.

Looking at their ratings they seem to pay 8 days after winning an item.

Do I leave it and wait till Tuesday,or do I send them notification of filing a SNC on Monday?

Thanks

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Have you sent them a kind reminder email, reminding them of your time limit for payment? If you have and they have not responded, I would go ahead and file the SNC - that might help them "wake up". (You can always cancel the SNC if the need arises.)

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Thank you Lily,I think I'll send one on Monday.If I still get no response then I'll go ahead.

The other problem is.I'm in the red with BoB after this sale for another + - R16.80 (I should have kept more credits in my account),and that's what's actually bothering me.:meh:

wayjen    10
wayjen

Send a reminder, do not let buyers dictate your terms and conditions and remember the "deadbeats" thread.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Thank you Lily,I think I'll send one on Monday.If I still get no response then I'll go ahead.

The other problem is.I'm in the red with BoB after this sale for another + - R16.80 (I should have kept more credits in my account),and that's what's actually bothering me.:meh:

I'm sure BoB know you well enough not to worry about it. Be positive - you'll have other sales to make up any debit! :idea:

retailrush    10
retailrush

For buyers who do not complete their orders or reply to my confirmation email within seven days I send the following message...

"Tomorrow will be a week since you purchased / won this item - I would really like to post this item off to you and would appreciate it if you could complete your order and payment today. If the funds are not reflecting in my account by tomorrow morning then I will file an SNC (Sale Not Complete) with Bid or Buy and this will enable me to claim back the success fee I have paid them as well as relist the item. I hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards"...

I find in most cases this approach works for me. Good luck!

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

OK so yesterday I sent an email saying that i would have to file an SNC,so at 10pm the buyer checks out the item but makes no payment.

I'm not sure if it will be a cash deposit because the sales page seems to have changed,or the buyer did not click on a payment method.

There is zero response to emails,so I'm not even sure if sending another will be of any use.

Secondly the buyer is also in Pretoria so they opted for the free delivery,but the address is Box ### (I'm assuming it's a P.O.Box),and I don't normally deliver to a P.O.Box because I have no clue were they are.So I will have to ask for and address,but will I get lucky and receive a reply???

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I suggest you file the SNC. You can always withdraw it if you don't want to cancel the sale because of the buyer not meeting your payment terms!