Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

In memory of

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

COMMONSENSE

Today we mourn the loss of a beloved old friend, Commonsense, who was with us for so many years.

No-one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain; why the early bird gets the worm; life isn’t always fair or equal; and maybe sometimes it is my fault. Commonsense lived by simple, sound policies – don’t spend more than you can earn and honest adults, not children or criminals, are in charge.

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports began to abound of how rape has increased, with children on children violence. Teachers are being suspended because of their reprimands of unruly children. All this only worsed Commonsense’s failing health. Farmers are being murdered. Our government is enriching itself in so many ways at taxpayers' expense.

Commonsense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they, the parents, had failed to do by disciplining their children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer suntan lotion or an aspirin to a student, but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion. These children grew into adults who believed they had the right to demand absolutely everything they wanted and if they didn’t get it then they had the right to resort to violence.

Commonsense lost the will to live as churches became businesses collecting untold monies from congregants who could hardly afford to feed themselves; criminals received better treatment than their victims and old age pensioners became abused financially, emotionally and all too often physically. Commonsense took a beating when a person could no longer defend oneself from a burglar in one’s own home and that burglar could sue you for assault.

Commonsense finally gave up the will to live after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap whilst in a restaurant and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Commonsense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, his daughter, Responsibility, and his son, Reason.

He is survived by his four stepbrothers: I know my rights. I want it now. Someone else is to blame. I’m a victim.

Not many attended Commonsense’s funeral as so few realised he was gone!

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

So true Lilly!

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

Wow Janet, i am borrowing this, i will of course quote your name underneath...... :love:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Destiny - please feel free to use this without quoting me. Although I wrote a part of it, the initial idea was formed when I came across something I have had for years - sadly, I have no idea who wrote the original article. I cannot take credit where credit is not due!