Sign in to follow this  
amcintyre

Negative rating coming my way

amcintyre    10
amcintyre

I recently sold something on Crazy Wednesday. The seller hasn't checked out yet - and he phones me after 10:30 at night. I didn't answer, as I was asleep. I get a voice message, which I checked the next morning. The seller wants to know how much postage is (it was included in the original) listing. He also states that he wants me to get the item to him by this morning (he phoned last night). We live in different cities - which are very far apart. Do you think that I've got a negative coming my way? I have emailed him twice - the first time to congratulate him on winning and encouraging him to complete the sale in order that I might be able to post the item off. And a second time to tell him again how much postage is.

Pathway    10
Pathway

!!! So what's the problem? Just put on your fairy outfit, rev up the magic wand, and make it happen!!! :whistling:

JANDS    10
JANDS

I think most of us brace ourselves for that first one, loss of a perfect virginity. I think a wise buyer does not only look at the neg percentages, he reads through the comments to find the core of the story.

My unasked for advice is this: Don't concern yourself till it does happen, then try to fix it if it does. If you can't, accept we can only please some folks some of the time and move on.

Good luck man.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
I think a wise buyer does not only look at the neg percentages, he reads through the comments to find the core of the story.

Key word being: 'wise'. Methinks more so than not, a Buyer sees the :mad: face and doesn't bother to read comment, much less the reply, and it's 'oopsy-daisy, best not bid / buy from that Seller'.

... try to fix it if it does.

Sometimes all we can do is wait until we can file SNC (which of course, Buyer will appeal for any/every reason 'from soup to nuts'). Got one today for an auction that closed Friday. Why? "The amount for shipping is too much I cannot afford it." Shipping costs are carefully noted in item description... which is a lot less than actual cost: USPS price to ship Global Priority: $57.50USD.

Not complaining about losing money on product and shipping. For me, it is about the advertising, hoping that when the Buyer sees something that catches his/her eye R1, then perhaps he/she will look at other listings and find more items he/she cannot live without. Losing money on R1 Auctions... I can 'roll with that'... but for a Buyer to bid/win/bale (for this Buyer, it is not the first or even the second or third time) and then leave a negative because his/her 'reason' is 'coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs'... that 'sticks in my craw'.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore