Sign in to follow this  
Little Miss Muffet

Coincidence--How weird is this

Little Miss Muffet

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4121[/ATTACH] I was speaking to a friend in Durban on the phone last night when we started talking about coincidences.

She was telling me her sister-in-law gave up a baby for adoption 40 years ago and when he found his biological mother he had named his son after his biological grandfather.

He did not know his name before he met his mother

Nevertheless,we went on to talk about our recent vintage finds and she said she had found a signed crystal glass ornament that she had never heard of before

I asked her the name of the maker (Signature). She went to fetch the item and while I was holding on I thought to myself how funny it would be if it was by the same maker of a crystal item I found last week. I have never come across one of these before either.

It was the same maker. Weird!! Coincidence ?? The maker is Mats Jonasson so I was able to give her some info on it as I had done some research.

Edited by geewhizz

wayjen

We had a a buyer win an auction and the address was Three Rivers so as i don't know the place I google it and see that it is in South Africa up north somewhere. Now that is not the strange part but on the google search page it shows a tv show called Three Rivers too but at the time I paid it no mind UNTIL I went to bed. I happened to switch on the tv and what is showing, but the tv series Three Rivers which I had just seen in a google search a few minutes earlier, now that is very strange.

MiemsJewels

Something like De Ja'vu? Scarrry!

Cali Craft and Gems

After many chats, hubby and I discovered that whilst growing up we had the same friends, were at the same events, etc, but only met each other in 1994. A week before we met, I had been out on a date with another guy and we'd gone for drinks at a pub near home. There was a bachelor party in progress and I felt so sorry for this groom-to-be. As we left, someone in this group of guys called out to me "Hello Sweetheart" and I replied that I was nobody's sweetheart. The groom was my now brother-in-law, and the guy who called out to me is my now husband!

Now what is a weird co-incidence is the following story:

When my mom was around 8 years old, a young man and his friend came over to their house to fix my grandfather's radio. Nine years later my mom met this man again and they married three months later. Their reception was in the same room that my mom had first seen him. This man ended up being my dad (he was 13 years older than my mom).

And not forgetting that the person who owned / managed the firm where hubby last worked grew up with my mom and siblings all those years ago.

Edited by Cali Craft and Gems