Sign in to follow this  
Pickle Bearies

What to do about an unfair negative rating?

Pickle Bearies

Hi, I am rather distressed as I have just received and unfair nagtive rating and as it is my first negative I don't like it!!

I sell cots for baby dolls or re-born babies ( porcelaine dolls) some mom went and bought a cot from me and then negative rates me because it is too flimsty for her baby!!:suspicious: Good grief!! :hm:Firstly it is advertised as a doll cot and secondly it is in the toys and hobbies category .

What can I do to contest this negative rating?

Any advice?

Thanks!!

kebs

Hi there.. I would offer her a refund & let her return the cot (in the same condition you sent it!). Then you can file an SNC once refund is done, & negative goes away.. I assume you have tried to explain nicely to her that it's a doll cot not meant for live babies? If she refuses the refund & to send it back, then email bidorbuy at hello@bidorbuy.co.za & explain you have offered refund, even though it was correctly advertised, but buyer has refused.. They may then remove the rating for you. Good luck! That horrible red face for the rating can be soul destroying I know..

Miss Jewels

Reborn - One of a kind cot ready and in stock. Inner base of 56 cm. was sold for R400.00 on 6 Jun at 15:37 by Pickle Bearies in Port Elizabeth (ID:65710409)

Just by looking at the cot, any "normal" person will be able to see this is not made for a human being! Also, the length of 56cm, as clearly stated, should be a guideline as to the use of the cot. Some babies are born that length.....in a months time they'll have outgrown this cot.

The only glitch I may see, is the fact that there is only referred to as re-born and the word doll does not feature. However, I do not see this as false advertising as most people know what a re-born (doll) is and it is advertised under the correct category.

This is absolutely a case of the buyer did not read the listing correctly.

You certainly do not deserve this negative and should contact BoB in order to have it removed. It's unfair to you!

wayjen

A stupid rating if ever there was one so ask if Bob can do something about it. If the Buyer is stupid enough to buy it for a "new born" child instead of a "reborn" doll then that is their problem. Stupids need to stay away from BoB at all costs.

Why did you take so long to respond the the rating?

Pickle Bearies

Hi, Thanks for these replies.

Wajen, can you believe it she bought the cot in April or May and she only rates me now! I got the rating yesterday.!

I am going to try and contest this one .

LuckySilver

I know exactly how you are feeling Pickle Bearies. I too am sitting with my first and most extrememly unfair negative rating. I wont go into details and hijack your thread but I have absolute proof that this rating is undeserved all of which I emailed hello@bidorbuy on Tuesday night and heard nothing since :-( Please BidorBuy, review my Ticket ID: RXG-655-66507) as looking at this rating every day is extremely demotivating!

Best of luck to you to Pickle Bearies!

Pickle Bearies

Hi, Lucky silver, Thanks for your kind words.

It leaves a nasty feeling to get an unfair negative rating . I hope BOB will help you too. I have emailed them my details and problem to BOB and will let you know if I have any luck. Let me know how yours goes.

Pickle Bearies

The negative rating has been removed!!! Thanks BOB!! You have given me some trust back that you do appreciate your good sellers.

Any luck luckysilver?

LuckySilver

Yaaaaa Pickle Bearies - I am so happy together with you as my unjustified negative rating was also removed!! Thank you BOB!

...However, I am a bundle of nerves, I am due to go into hospital this Friday to have a baby and while I will put a notice up that I will be away for a few days - I just know that many customers will not read and I just hope it will not result in those depressing negative ratings when I return. I have even thought of taking my laptop with me to hospital to avoid it but then I thought - nope! I have worked hard throughout my pregnancy to get to this point of having precious time with my new baby and any negatives if they do come will just have to come... Just wonder if they would be justified or not - time will tell and will keep you updated.

Best of luck for your business - should be visiting your baby section soon :biggrin: but not to buy a cot for my little one - hehe!!!

lilythepink

All the best with your baby's arrival tomorrow!

Not1CentMore

Congratulations! storch_13.gif

Ruthie

Pickle Bearies

Lucky silver a big CONGRATULATIONS. All the best hope all goes well. Boy or girl?

You must take a look at my sisters items on BOB Items for sale from dominiquesonline on bidorbuy.co.za she manufactures all the wooden accessories for your baby's room and she can personalise to suite your taste or theme.

Look after yourself and take care.

MiemsJewels

Congratulations Lucky Silver!

Just Beachin
Yaaaaa Pickle Bearies - I am so happy together with you as my unjustified negative rating was also removed!! Thank you BOB!

...However, I am a bundle of nerves, I am due to go into hospital this Friday to have a baby and while I will put a notice up that I will be away for a few days - I just know that many customers will not read and I just hope it will not result in those depressing negative ratings when I return. I have even thought of taking my laptop with me to hospital to avoid it but then I thought - nope! I have worked hard throughout my pregnancy to get to this point of having precious time with my new baby and any negatives if they do come will just have to come... Just wonder if they would be justified or not - time will tell and will keep you updated.

Best of luck for your business - should be visiting your baby section soon :biggrin: but not to buy a cot for my little one - hehe!!!

This is a perfect example why we need a "sleep" button for our items, Besides a Holiday, weekend away and personal problem.

Edited by Just Beachin

LuckySilver

Hi all, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your wishes!!! I cant believe that tomorrow my baby is already 1 week old!

I am back at work today but o dear - I am sitting with another horrible negative rating refleting on all my listings! :-(

I do agree with Just Beachin - unike a company, the little sole proprietor behind a store on BidorBuy, their repuation and their livelihood is absolutely at the mercy of customers who expect you to be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year... and no one is machine... and although it has been mentioned in other threads, I really wish there was a button on the negative rating that asked customers to please contact sellers before negative rating them.

Just Beachin

I didn't mean your situation was a personal problem, Congrats on your precious bundle of Joy! It would just be nice to hit pause now and again.

Cali Craft and Gems

@ Lucky Silver

Firstly, congrats on your little one - may he / she bring you years of joy and happiness.

Re the negative you received - based on the buyer stating that they had to pay R30 to collect the parcel, I can assume that the parcel was sent to a Postnet branch? It is not the sellers' responsibility if the buyer chooses to make use of an institution such as Postnet - they charge R30 per parcel they collect from the post office on your behalf and this is a "known fact" to all those who use them for postal services.

This is not a SAPO charge at all so you cannot be held liable under any circumstances!

booksallsizes
This is a perfect example why we need a "sleep" button for our items, Besides a Holiday, weekend away and personal problem.

I asked for one YEARS ago... To no avail... It would be fantastic - just sort out the auctions that have bids on them and sleep the rest until you can deal with them again. And not have to deal with pick list confusion or reopen everything separately.

And... CONGRATS Luckysilver!!!

Miss Jewels

Congrats on your baby! May he/she (we're still waiting patiently to hear) bring you many years of absolute happiness.

wayjen

I had to email BoB with regards a rating we received today and the remarks in the rating, was I supposed to get a ticket reference code for the email?

lilythepink

Yes, I think you should have received a reference, Wayne!

wayjen
Yes, I think you should have received a reference, Wayne!

They robbed me of a reference Lily!!!!!!

I did not receive anything from BoB, maybe I must resubmit because the Buyer never read the ad and just bought.

MrAerospace

Why worry? Be happy!! :twisted:

MiemsJewels

LAAT EK LIEWER NET MY MOND HOU! #@#((*&&:-( WANT 'N TOE BEK IS 'N HEEL BEK!!!

This lady is dealing out negative and neutral ratings as if it is going out of fashion!

sonetteellis9 (5)

Sales to sonette ellis

Please Cuan, Andries, Anybody, help.............. Please educate her asap.

Miems did go to post office 3 times after the 10th of Dec and they said it was not there.

MiemsJewels (13132 rating7.gif) verifieduser.gif

Originally Rated

04 Jan 2013 15:09

Rating

1x1_trans.gif Negative

Comment

HAve not received this item after a month

Reply from

MiemsJewels (13132 rating7.gif) verifieduser.gif on 04 Jan 2013 20:29

Did you TRY to track it Sonette? It's at your post office since the 10th of December. Please change the negative, as you are busy with rating abuse!

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TH=class: style116, colspan: 2][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Tracking #: TC173505308ZA

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH=class: style116, colspan: 2][TABLE]