Sign in to follow this  
Little Miss Muffet

For Samantha

voldermort    10
voldermort
This will interest Samantha.

I read a book recently (Now listed for sale) "The man who gave the Beatles away. This was possibly recorded during that period

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2229716/beatles:colbert:

They went through a lot of different names before settling on The Beatles. First they were The Blackjacks, but they had to ditch that cos it was already taken (so there are no recordings or pressings with that name) then The Quarrymen - Lennon being a student of Quarry Bank High & the group originally consisting of him & other school mates before the rest of "The Beatles" joined, of which there are a few recordings around (my favourite is "Ain't She Sweet"), the Silver Beetles (havent heard of any recordings with them), and then eureka - The Beatles.

It would be amazing to think that somebody could be in possession of eg: a pressing by The Silver Beetles - which would probably be the first ever known recording, hence invaluable - and yet toss it aside because according to them, it's by a nobody :disgusted:

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I had a seven single, about 15 years ago ,by the Beatles and on the cover was printed "Introducing a great new group from Liverpool,the Beatles"

This was printed in Hamburg and after reading this book it seems Hamburg is where they made a name for themselves

Sure wish I had not sold that one.

Edited by geewhizz

voldermort    10
voldermort
I had a seven single, about 15 years ago ,by the Beatles and on the cover was printed "Introducing a great new group from Liverpool,the Beatles"

This was printed in Hamburg and after reading this book it seems Hamburg is where they made a name for themselves

Sure wish I had not sold that one.

Hamburg is indeed where they started......you made somebody very happy the day you sold that to them :hm: