Sign in to follow this  
dstorm

Postal History

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello all Stamp Sellers

I quote from robmac1's post (under another topic).

Unfortunately I find there is very little postal history on bidorbuy.

Let us start to list Postal History on BidorBuy!

Results might be slow and disappointing in the beginning, but perhaps we can build on something here.

Please let me know what you think of this.

Regards

Jacques

alloway65    10
alloway65

Was the PM issue (recent) postal history!!! :oops:

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello David

Can you think of more history making postal history in the history of our historical Presidential Issues?

I know that a couple of genuine commercially used covers exist, cancelled before the official issue date. – genuine postal history in my opinion. Unfortunately most collectors would rather have the Official FDC in pristine condition (current price R5-05 each).

Regards

Jacques

alloway65    10
alloway65

Morning Jacques,

I was going to invest R5.05 but a bit out of my budget at the moment.........I must ask one of these NOW POOR Bond Originators for assistance to raise the funds!!!!

Seriously I managed to move all my SA Postal History Collection a few months ago, but with UK Postal History very little interest I find.

Must look out for the other (early) PM Covers you mentioned.

Hope things are well with you.

Best regards

David

gabriel 1    10
gabriel 1

Hi Jacques

As you know I am a great fan of good postal history, the problem is I have on numerous occassions listed good items of postal history and have received less for the items than what the postage cost is. Whereas I am prepared to pay up to R700 for a good item of postal history my experience on Bid or Buy is that present buyers are only prepared to pay R10. When you say persist, for how long?, selling items for 5% of their value is not viable.

Regards

Gabriel1

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello all

I listed two postal history items on 30 March on BidorBuy BUY NOW, priced at R275-00 and R295-00 each. OK, they were probably philatelic (1934 Royal tour covers). Both items sold today.

Will list 4 items next week and see what happens. I do not think that the Crazy Auction is the way to go for postal history.

Regards

Jacques