Sign in to follow this  
alloway65

DSTV......Same old, same old!!!

alloway65    10
alloway65

DSTV......Same old, same old!!!

Did any of us expect anything new from DSTV!

Management thinking:

• Lets reshuffle the channel numbers and confuse the poor subscribers!

• Lets re list under different headings the same old movies etc!

• Lets add some more very cheaply made reality series!

• Lets find some B or C grade movies that cost next to nothing to buy!
  • Lets add a new feature in every second viewing slot...Filler: Entertainment!
  • Lets increase the subscriptions again!

I am the fool for still subscribing....only do it as my wife likes the Cricket!

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

I was just thinking last night "oh, it is that time of the year again" when I saw the same ads for the same series about a year ago (Zone Reality).

But I agree with the channel changes - it drives me nuts! We are not using DSTV to it's "full potential" even though we are only on Compact, but I honestly don't have the time to sit down and try to learn all the new channel numbers, etc. I'd rather just stick to watching my favourite shows (if I remember the new times - even that has changed!), then spend more time in the office. Hubby has his favourite shows that he likes to watch, but that is about it.

The only reason we opted for dish was that there was absolute rubbish on the other channels, and we can afford this package as it falls under our "entertainment budget".

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

MrA and I also think we're bats keeping our DSTV subscription. We are seeing re-runs of re-runs of re-runs which for the past 6 years keep popping up everywhere!:mad:

xdeanh    10
xdeanh

My wife and I are just waiting for the Law and Order series to finish on Universal. From there we're going to be canning DStv and moving on to an online only way of life.

At least then we can watch what we want when.

svw    10
svw

Likewise - we also only keep it for the Rugby and Cricket. Hubby tried once to downgrade it lasted a total of a few hours - total disaster!

What I find very frustrating is that the cheaper options offer all the soccer channels...

JANDS    10
JANDS

I do not watch TV. I have not done for about 18 years now. But hey that is me.....I dont get P****d-off by bad news, any news for that matter. Strange how life manages to carry on without me. Petrol going up? Why fret? New government? Okay....sorry...that was funny. Anyway. Why did I post this? Because there was life before television and there is life without television.

Before someone kicks up a stinky furore about this: ponder the possibility.

Have a lekker day

JohnBenn    10
JohnBenn

Same here I watch more CNN than anything else...at least there is something different daily:hm:.

kyle2    10
kyle2

This one of the reasons I switched to TopTv. But it seems now that even TopTv have issues, I heard on the radio that they have financial problems?

alloway65    10
alloway65

I think downloading movies etc through the internet is the way to go.

svw    10
svw
I think downloading movies etc through the internet is the way to go.

Plus you can get all the latest Series and shows that would not even come close to our shores for the next decade or so!