Sign in to follow this  
IPW

Reasonable time for payment

IPW

Hi Folks,

I'm new to this. Made first 2 sales on Wednesday. One buyer paid that evening but have heard nothing from the other.

What is the accepted reasonable time before re-listing?

Thank you

Little Miss Muffet
Hi Folks,

I'm new to this. Made first 2 sales on Wednesday. One buyer paid that evening but have heard nothing from the other.

What is the accepted reasonable time before re-listing?

Thank you

If the buyer has not paid by the end of tomorrow send him/her an email via your sales page.I always use these lines"I cannot trace a payment for this order. Could you let me know if payment has been made" Nice emails keep the tempers down.

Also the buyer may have paid via EFT from another bank which takes 2 or 3 days to reflect in your account.

Note the buyers ratings. Are the good?? Then payment will probably be made.

You can only file an SNC (Sale not complete) after 7 days. I would send another reminder before filing an SNC :colbert:

kebs

You may also want to put in future listings how long buyers have to pay so you don't have to wonder, wait & worry!

wayjen

We also have a thread for Deadbeat Bidders so keep that in mind. Although ratings give you a good indication on whether the bidder will pay it also gives false positives because some buyers with bad ratings can pay immediately and some buyers with very good ratings with think they above the law and will not communicate or pay or when they do communicate they will TELL YOU when they will pay so take note of that.

After 7 days file the SNC and watch them shake.