Sign in to follow this  
DW1983

Struggling to get item 3 months down the line

DW1983    10
DW1983

So I tried to order a pair of shoes as a gift for the wife on the 24 July from All ratings received by chantines on bidorbuy.co.za

The initial ad stated that no payment should be made until sizing was confirmed, which I waited for, but never came. On 6 August the seller filed an SNC, which despite me explaining the above situation I still lost.

I then emailed the seller and asked whether the item was still available in the requested size and she replied that it was. I made the deposit into her account. During the remainder of August I reminded her several times to update me on the progress with the order, but finally on the 31st replied that she could not secure the stock I ordered but would send me alternative options, which despite me reminding her for almost a week and a half she eventually did.

I quickly selected an alternative, but heard nothing back from her for over a week and only then when I threatened her with contacting BoB and demanded a refund. Eventually on 13 September she confirmed the new order.

Over the next month I sent various reminders and requests for updates with returned excuses from her ranging from stock issues (again) to blaming of the recent truck driver strike. On the 15 October I demanded a refund and forwarded my banking details to her and she replied the same day saying she would do the deposit the next day.

For the last 2 weeks I've checked whether the deposit has been done (it hasn't) and reminded her several times to do so with the response each time that she has forgotten and would do it the same day. I have now resorted to posting here before I proceed to put a case in with the police.

EDIT: Judging by her feedback page she is no stranger to just ignoring mails.

Edited by DW1983

kebs    10
kebs

Hi there..

Sorry you've had such a bad experience, especially trying to do something nice for your wife! I would report the seller with all info to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za. It also seems from some of the sales I looked at that this seller is selling items not in stock at that moment, which requires special permission from bidorbuy as far as I know (Casual Dresses - STUNNING!!!!!! LADIES BOOBTUBE DRESS (ONE SIZE) was sold for R61.00 on 19 Sep at 23:46 by chantines in Volksrust (ID:76171773)). Perhaps admin can take a look?

DW1983    10
DW1983
Hi there..

Sorry you've had such a bad experience, especially trying to do something nice for your wife! I would report the seller with all info to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za. It also seems from some of the sales I looked at that this seller is selling items not in stock at that moment, which requires special permission from bidorbuy as far as I know (Casual Dresses - STUNNING!!!!!! LADIES BOOBTUBE DRESS (ONE SIZE) was sold for R61.00 on 19 Sep at 23:46 by chantines in Volksrust (ID:76171773)). Perhaps admin can take a look?

Thanks for the suggestion, kebs. I'll send a mail to that address shortly :smile:

DW1983    10
DW1983
Thanks for the suggestion, kebs. I'll send a mail to that address shortly :smile:

Logged this with BoB and received no response, only to log into the ticket system and find my issue closed. :shock:

qball    10
qball

The ticket was closed in error, it has been marked as in progress, we have contacted the seller for feedback.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

DW1983    10
DW1983
The ticket was closed in error, it has been marked as in progress, we have contacted the seller for feedback.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks. Good luck trying to contact her. She's stopped replying to my mails completely now and I left a message on her cell with no luck.

I see she is still listing new items on a daily basis.

qball    10
qball
Thanks. Good luck trying to contact her. She's stopped replying to my mails completely now and I left a message on her cell with no luck.

I see she is still listing new items on a daily basis.

If we don't get a response within the next 24 hours, we have other means at our disposal - account restriction etc.

DW1983    10
DW1983
If we don't get a response within the next 24 hours, we have other means at our disposal - account restriction etc.

Looks like she responded to BoB on the 9th stating the following:

GOODDAY

THE BUYER WILL BE REFUNDED TODAY, AS THE SECOND PAIR SHOES THAT HE REPLACED WITH THE FIRST ONE WAS SOLD OUT.

REGARDS CHANTELLE

...another 10 days later and once again I still have yet to receive the promised refund. :notrust:

qball    10
qball

The seller has been restricted until this is resolved. If you don't get feedback from a seller within 24 hours to 48 hours you must contact us again so we can take further action.

DW1983    10
DW1983
The seller has been restricted until this is resolved. If you don't get feedback from a seller within 24 hours to 48 hours you must contact us again so we can take further action.

Resolved thankfully. Still annoyed that she had to have her account threatened to get any action :weird:

Spooks Goods    10
Spooks Goods

Hi

I am having a similar problem. Bought boots in beginning of August. They arrived but were too small. So I asked her about the process of exchanging them. She said I had to pay R200 and send them back. Hell thats a lot for postage. I sent the boots back and never heard from her. So after a couple of messages I was told she had the boots and was waiting of my payment of R250! I sent her her mail showing it was R200 she had asked for. I paid it in and waited. I sent her emails asking where the tracking no was because they must have been posted by then(3 weeks after payment). She came back to me apologizing and saying she had problems with the cables in the town she lives in and hasn't had internet for a month, bla bla bla.

I had been very patient up until then. She said she would have them delivered to my home due to the inconvenience. I waited 2 weeks and then went to Community Watch. A few days later they came back with a reply saying she would be posting them this week and would send me a tracking no. It is Friday night at 8:30pm and I don't have a tracking no. I also don't have the boots.

I leave for overseas in a couple of weeks and these boots were bought to take with. I have had my money stolen! Do I go lay a charge against her at the police? From the sounds of this woman, perhaps thats what is needed.

Any advise?

Bev

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Hi Bev - have you sent all your information through to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za? (They can take a couple of days to respond as they investigate things - but CW is the right way to go without delay!)