Sign in to follow this  
qball

Afrihost and Mweb users login issues

qball    11
qball

Hi Folks

It seems we are having issues with Afrihost and Mweb, relating to IP issues which may stop you from logging into your account. If this is the case please contact our offices on 0861 88 0861 so we can assist you to gain access to your accounts.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Some more clarity on this issue: Afrihost moved their ADSL services to MTN and although this transition was supposed to be transparent to users, someone at Afrihost/MTN failed to submit new IP ranges to location service providers.

Afrihost is aware of this issue since at least Friday (this affected then already users trying to access Microsoft's Windows 8 upgrade installer) and there is no indication when this problem will be resolved.

As we take security seriously, location service based checks are a requirement. Should you be with Afrihost and experience an issue, please contact our customer service desk and we will assist you with the login.

alloway65    10
alloway65

I keep getting the down for Maintenance 500 Page...I am with Mweb!

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

Site is soooo slow does not even load pages....same issue? .... Mweb.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

It does appear that there are separate Mweb ADSL issues. When I looked at our site from home (also MWEB 4MB) this morning and last night, I did not experience any issues.

Looking at our stats, our website load time is locally between 3.1s (EC) - 4.8s (KZN) and internationally 6.5s.

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

Tested other sites ie: news24, facebook, etc... and all load fine.

Bidorbuy, including the forum, take an extreme amount of time to open (ie: 3 minutes to get all images loaded).

I have only experienced this from 9am onward.

alloway65    10
alloway65
Tested other sites ie: news24, facebook, etc... and all load fine.

Bidorbuy, including the forum, take an extreme amount of time to open (ie: 3 minutes to get all images loaded).

I have only experienced this from 9am onward.

I have very few problems with other sites.

Compiling my sales pages with pictures not a major issue but the Form is very very slow especially to Log-in!!!,

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Compiling my sales pages with pictures not a major issue but the Form is very very slow especially to Log-in!!!,

Get BoB's Sean to help you - he's a master at sorting things out!

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Please take note, that our location services provider has just refreshed our GeoIP database and login issues via Afrihost should now be resolved.

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa

The bob site wouldnt load at all this morning between just after 6 and 7.30am. I cleared my cache and no joy. Also couldnt open the site from android. All other sites i went onto worked 100%. I also have not been able to log onto the forum on my pc in over a week. When i click on the forum link it takes me to bobs homepage. Works fine on android though!

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
The bob site wouldnt load at all this morning between just after 6 and 7.30am. I cleared my cache and no joy. Also couldnt open the site from android. All other sites i went onto worked 100%. I also have not been able to log onto the forum on my pc in over a week. When i click on the forum link it takes me to bobs homepage. Works fine on android though!

You caught us with our pants down ;-). This morning we had a server issue - starting at 5:30am and we could only resolve it by 7am. Many things went really wrong this morning for our site to come up again. Makes one question why IT problems always seem to only occur at some ridiculous hours in the morning/night and never during the day when everyone is in the office.

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
You caught us with our pants down ;-). .

So you were "on the job" instead of being at the job !!!!:amazed::laugh:

alloway65    10
alloway65

But.......WHO WITH??????:shock:

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Lol - classic. Well more or less one can construe it that way :whistling: