Sign in to follow this  
Fashion Police

Positive rating with a neutral comment?

Fashion Police

Huh?

So this new buyer, places an order. I respond immediately thanking him for his order and welcoming him. Also...reminding him (incase, like most buyers didn't read the shipping terms) that I will be posting his order within 48 hours SAPO counter to counter. Anyhoo, that same day (less than 48 hours by the way) I already emailed him his tracking number and STEP BY STEP instructions on how to track the parcel, how the tracking system works, how he can collect his parcel...and and and.... About two days after that, I emailed him (and all other buyers) that parcels may be delayed due to the strikes etc.

About a week and a half later he sends me a lovely email:

"I purchased a xxxxx from bid or buy and nothing. I understand there was a truck strike but 2 weeks is ridiculous. I paid for something. If I do not get my xxxxx by the end of this week. Cancel my order and reverse the transaction. Thank you"

So I tracked his parcel - turns out his parcel actually arrived exactly on time and was not delayed at all. It's been there waiting for collection a good few days already. I then nicely emailed him all the information; when the parcel arrived, where he can collect etc and again reminded him that it needs to be collected at the Post Office as per my previous emails....

His reply: "My apologies. I assumed it would be delivered to my door. Thanks for your assistance"

Another email from him later on:

"Can you please do me one more favor and let me know if it’s still at the post office cause if it was delivered on the 09th of October then there is a possibility that it might have been sent back. Your assistance would be highly appreciated"

I immediately replied and explained that the Post Office will return the parcel to me if not collected within 30 days.

So today I received his rating (Positive):

"More could be done to improve the service like once delivered at the post office, email a reminder to the people informing them of collection"

So, I'm like: Huh? After everything, my immediate replies, I tracked the parcel for him and answered each and every question - about 8 emails (3 pre-order and about 5 post-order emails). Not to mention that all the shipping info was clearly explained more than once - all he had to do was read? So what more could I have done, please tell me? Collect the parcel for him, deliver it myself? :huh:

dstorm

Hello FP

Please as in please. I am not misjudging the seriousness of your situation.

But your post made my day! Thanks for a good laugh.

Keep well and regards

Jacques

kebs

Fear not, you are not alone... I have had this as well numerous times - apparently it's extremely difficult to track a parcel for some people, & collecting it themselves requires nothing short of a miracle!!:amuse: All buyers receive a tracking info email from me once I have processed their order - contains tracking number, site to track it, how long to wait/when to expect deliery, what to do if you don't receive a slip from the post office etc... For some buyers, it's just never enough..

Fashion Police

It is actually hilarious, glad I could put a smile on someones face :razz: Sheez some people can never be pleased in life, covered in their negative auras...joh it's exhausting...

Now look at this rating below (a different customer who ordered the same product at the same time:

"Great service! kept in touch throughout the whole transaction and warned of delays due to strikes by truck drivers etc. will buy again :)"

So grateful for understanding customers who actually appreciate the little extras

Edited by Fashion Police

kebs

I have 3 neutral ratings from the same buyer, who was aware of the strike, but "other items posted on same day arrived already"... So, how exactly do I have control over which parcels the post office decided to send off first?!?:mad:

Not1CentMore

Seems, for some Buyers, 'customer service' has 'evolved'. Guess we Sellers, instead of 'dragging our knuckles on the ground', must 'up our game' to meet their expectations.... no matter how far 'off the wall'.

(sigh) Reckon the 'next step' is to toss the camping gear in the trunk of the car, swing by the market for 'dogs', buns and chips, speed down the road to Buyer's Post Office, pitch the tent, roll out the sleeping bag and fire up the grill.... all in between 'wearing a path' between the curb and the counter to inquire parcel status. Once it has arrived, it is 'put it in gear'... douse the fire, roll up the sleeping bag, tear down the tent and break the sound barrier driving back to our home/office; grab the computer, fire off an email advising Buyer parcel arrived at their Post Office and is ready to collect any time between now and the end of the world.... or, would you prefer my collecting on your behalf and delivering it to your door? Should I also unpackage and place in your outstretched hand? And, while there, shall I also clean your house, do laundry, bathe the children and cook dinner?

Wait! Buyer may not check email. Detour. Before going back home, we must first 'drop by' Buyer's home/office and personally inform them their parcel is at their Post Office and ready to collect... but must not forget to offer to collect on their behalf and hand deliver, even if it means a trip back to their Post Office and a return trip, with parcel in hand, to their office/home.

Guess I best get the Bayliner ready to sail. On second thought, perhaps I should just mosey down to the hanger and fuel up the Learjet.

(sarcasm intended)

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore