Sign in to follow this  
retailrush

Does anyone know how to get rid of moles...

retailrush

And that's the moles in the ground...

I live on a plot and we have just been overrun with moles lately. It's a curse because I have to go and flatten the mounds and rake out the stones before I can mow the grass...

Does anyone have any solutions for getting them to move somewhere else. The mother-in-law crushed some moth balls today and put some down each hole - she put whole ones in the other day and the next day we found them on top of the ground again - LOL...

I hope you are all enjoying your week-end! Looking forward to the rugby later...

Take care

Bye for now...

Wendy

Jongleur

I live on a plot and we have just been overrun with moles lately. It's a curse because I have to go and flatten the mounds and rake out the stones before I can mow the grass...

Does anyone have any solutions for getting them to move somewhere else. The mother-in-law crushed some moth balls today and put some down each hole - she put whole ones in the other day and the next day we found them on top of the ground again - LOL...

I hope you are all enjoying your week-end! Looking forward to the rugby later...

Take care

Bye for now...

Wendy

Invert a 2 litre Coke bottle on a stick/stand with cut- outs to make it rotate in the wind above it`s hole.

They hate the noise.

Cali Craft and Gems

Moles also hate male urine! Either invest in a few army style "piss lilies" or get the guys in your family to accumulate their offerings in bottles then pour into the holes. (unless your neighbours won't freak out at seeing the men / boys "decorating" your yard every now and then!)

The above method we heard about after I flooded the moles out of our PE yard years ago - the neighbour laughed at me when he saw me sticking hosepipes into the holes and "letting rip" with the open tap! (the grass grew wonderfully after the "flooding"! LOL)

Not1CentMore

My Daddy always used bubble gum. He would put a couple of unwrapped pieces (chunk-type) in each end of the 'run'. Seems the little buggers would eat 'em and the gum would mix with the digestive juices (or something) and they would 'bloat up' and go 'belly up'.

I never tried Daddy's 'fix'. Out here in the 'boonies', there's a gun for that elmer.gif.... target practice!

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

lilythepink

We had king-size moles when we lived in Sedgefield and we used Rattex. That worked, but you can't use it around children (if one can still buy

Rattex!)

svw

Take care

Bye for now...

Wendy

Pesky little critters but actually quite cute! The 2ltr Coke bottle works a treat - if its windy! But I really like 'amcintyre's' suggestion - who would have thought "mole vibrators" :grin:

circe

we had a mole problem a few years ago and found this one on the internet. open the molesheap and put a hand full of castor oil seeds in the hole. then flush it as deep as u can with water(hosepipe). them close the hole again. do it with a few holes. and repeat if nesesary. after we did this we have no more mole problems anymore. be careful of the seeds as it is poision for pets and kids.

frikkie

wayjen

I just pluck the hair and use some cream to hide it.

Not1CentMore
I just pluck the hair and use some cream to hide it.

That is after he rubs the mole vibrator across it to make the hairs 'stand up'. Wayne and his toys....

Ruthie

wayjen

Hell, I be drinking the 2 lt Coke(not sure how many gallons that is Ruthie) and be chewing the gum while peeing down a hole where the mole is whilst it's using a vibrator.

svw
Hell, I be drinking the 2 lt Coke(not sure how many gallons that is Ruthie) and be chewing the gum while peeing down a hole where the mole is whilst it's using a vibrator.

Actually in your case it may just be easier if you take your glass eye out and throw that down the hole - poor things will get the fright their lives - disappear never to return again!

wayjen
Actually in your case it may just be easier if you take your glass eye out and throw that down the hole - poor things will get the fright their lives - disappear never to return again!

That just might work but I can't see in the dark.

Not1CentMore

Oh, my gosh.... a mole with a vibrator! Alrighty then. If'n's the mole is gonna bring a vibrator 'to the table'.... I'm ready rambo-rambo-john-gun-smiley-emoticon-000137-large.gif. After all, fair is fair.

svw
That just might work but I can't see in the dark.

...or you're just scared of the dark...

wayjen

The Tennessee Militia practice on gophers.

wayjen
...or you're just scared of the dark...

That too.....

xdeanh

Step 1: Find high explosives

Step 2: .......

Step 3: PROFIT!

alloway65

My daughter in Law had some removed by a Plastic Surgeon!!!:laugh:

republikein

'n Slagyster ... ok, sorry, try a jack russel.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Just lay brick paving!!!:laugh:

neil

svw
'n Slagyster ... ok, sorry, try a jack russel.

That is if you can teach it wait until the mole pops it's head up otherwise a determined little Jack Russel is capable of doing the job comparable to that of a soil rotavator...

lilythepink

Moles around our area are drowning what with all the flooding.

wayjen
Moles around our area are drowning what with all the flooding.

Now all you have to worry about are FISHMOTHS.

When a fishmoth hits one of those purple fluorescent lights that attracts insects, you get the smell of fish on a braai.

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Now all you have to worry about are FISHMOTHS.

When a fishmoth hits one of those purple fluorescent lights that attracts insects, you get the smell of fish on a braai.

Must be some kind of genetic mutation you are breeding ,because those i have dont fly or swim-??

Any way the smell of fresh snoek on a braai is possibly one of the most enjoyable smells ever!!

Thanks Wayne ek gaan nou soek vir n snoek!!!ek is nou lus vir vis!!!

neil

Edited by ATA STAMP CENTRE