Sign in to follow this  
meeks

Tshwane hub - no action

meeks    10
meeks

Out of sheer desperation (and frustration) I got the number for Tshwane Hub, as there is a very urgent parcel of mine sitting there, not moving.... They did not bother to answer their phones...I phoned head office in Pretoria, who told me that Tshwane Hub is striking since last week, and nothing is going in, and nothing is coming out of there.

So, if any parcels have to go through the Tshwane Hub, it will be a wait for" who knows how long," (post office employee's words) but apparently all other areas are working, but it will be a slow process.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Just magic! Grrr...

I was on hold on the 0860 number for 20 minutes after there being no reply on the 012 649 7000 number. Eventually tried the 012 number again and they gave me another number 012 401 7902 which directs one back to the irritating voice!

My parcel was dispatched from Harties on Monday and hasn't budged since - so much for an urgent parcel.

This "new SA culture" thing is nonsense (to put it politely) - certain problems simply never existed in the past! (I won't start that argument!)

kyle2    10
kyle2

We are the only country in the world(pathetically) that has a 'Strike Season'. The majority of these strikers have no concept as to how fruitless striking is. They go on strike for 3 or 4 weeks, don't get paid during this time, only to get an increase which would make up for the lost wages over a 2 or 3 year period. So they are basically working for the same wage anyway + the country has suffered both finacially and politically.

If they did not strike, accepted their annual wage increase, their net income would have increased by 20 to 30% over 2 to 3 years.

Absolutely rediculous.:weird:

voldermort    10
voldermort
We are the only country in the world(pathetically) that has a 'Strike Season'.

Actually many companies/departments in many countries worldwide go on strike annually, however they do not burn trucks, kill drivers, burn offices, maim & wound coworkers who are not striking etc....they merely down tools & refuse to work until their terms or either met or at least acknowledged. Therein lies the crucial difference.

JitterBuggi    10
JitterBuggi

And because of the millions lost whilst everyone is striking, we will all get to pay more for everything once again (undoubtedly before Xmas) !

So much damage to the already wavering economy. I have parcels stuck at Tshwane hub for over 3 weeks now .........

Aaarrrggghhhh!!!! Not even the couriers are much of an option right now they are so backlogged.

Maybe I should just apply for a mining job........

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
And because of the millions lost whilst everyone is striking, we will all get to pay more for everything once again (undoubtedly before Xmas) !

So much damage to the already wavering economy. I have parcels stuck at Tshwane hub for over 3 weeks now .........

Aaarrrggghhhh!!!! Not even the couriers are much of an option right now they are so backlogged.

Maybe I should just apply for a mining job........

Better chance at a mine than at Woolworths.

JitterBuggi    10
JitterBuggi

LOL....That's cool.....I hear the pay is much better too :razz:

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
LOL....That's cool.....I hear the pay is much better too :razz:

You get to go on strike too. And blame the imperialist colonial swine who decided to dig a hole in the ground

in the first place. Which means that these same swine want you to apply yourself to this Eurocentric thing

called work. And you get to govern the country with Vavi, The State President, and Cosatu, the government

of the day.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Better chance at a mine than at Woolworths.

Is the Woolworths boycott still on?

catzcan    10
catzcan

Got 7 parcels stuck at Tswane hub - and got first neutral for goods not received yet:rolleyes:

kebs    10
kebs
Got 7 parcels stuck at Tswane hub - and got first neutral for goods not received yet:rolleyes:

I'm there with you.. Hopefully they will change once it's arrived, but very annoying as it's not our fault.. Mine was originally a negative - 5 from 2 different buyers.. They changed to neutral pending arrival.. This was all said in a pitiful, whining tone by the way..:worried:

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Why is it that workers first demand that labour brokers be banned. Now they find they were better off with them (from a monetary perspective).

And I question the mentality of people who think that a strike is going to help them earn more money?? :worried:

kebs    10
kebs

You're so right Lily... If you work it out, you have to get a huge raise if you strike for 2 weeks unpaid to make it worth your while, otherwise it takes you about 2 years to make up those lost wages.. Bet no-one explains that to all the strikers!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

And, what do you know - parceltrack is not working AGAIN!! (Technicians are reportedly working on the problem???!!! I guess the system is more than over-loaded with parcels not moving anywhere?!)

kimbo11    10
kimbo11

Any news from the Tshwane Hub. I have stuff sitting there

wayjen    10
wayjen

This is starting to sound like that propaganda show they had on SABC not too long ago called, "Anyone heard from Johannesburg?"

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

After waiting very patiently and following up on my parcel daily, I see that it is finally "moving" within Tshwane hub! Scanned in on Saturday morning around 1am and scanned out this morning at around 6am.

Only problem now is that the next stop is the CapeMail hub and they're going on strike from Monday!

Will I ever get my parcels? (and this includes the ones from the UK with my signs, banners, window decals, etc for the shop!)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Well I still have parcels sitting in the Tshwane hub - both to and from there! One was posted on 25th September and has sat there for ages after a "vacation" at the Port Elizabeth hub. Terribly, terribly frustrating.

meeks    10
meeks
Well I still have parcels sitting in the Tshwane hub - both to and from there! One was posted on 25th September and has sat there for ages after a "vacation" at the Port Elizabeth hub. Terribly, terribly frustrating.

As for my 2 Bridal orders that was sitting at the Tswane hub- the first order is now at the Durban hub, the second order I placed is already here at the Richards Bay hub (strange how it made it here before the first one). Then a parcel I posted on the 12th October - to a Bidorbuy client- is still showing it is at the Durban hub, yet customer services told me on Friday it has in fact been scanned in already at the Tshwane hub.

So, it seems, some parcels are updated via scanning, and others not? So yes Lily, it is all indeed very frustrating, because we just do not know just what the situation with some parcels are.

svw    10
svw

After checking online earlier some of my parcels have come out of hibernation and are moving!

58f5a741166e6_clappingsmiley.jpg.adb687b673a7ce781df476017ee5fc1d.jpg

kimbo11    10
kimbo11

[TABLE=class: table]

[TR]

[TD]In transit[/TD]

[TD]2012/10/14[/TD]

[TD]04:49[/TD]

[TD]TSHWANE (HUB)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

And there it sits :(

meeks    10
meeks
[TABLE=class: table]

[TR]

[TD]In transit[/TD]

[TD]2012/10/14[/TD]

[TD]04:49[/TD]

[TD]TSHWANE (HUB)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

And there it sits :(

I feel for you, I truly do!!! ...Both my orders show they now at the Richards Bay hub, so I phone my post office, and ask whether the hub has done the postal drop for today yet... and after waiting for these things since the truck driver strike,the Richard Bay hub messes up and only sends my one parcel to the post office, the other one will be here tomorrow.

This is enough to make one want to kick and scream and pull your hair out etc;etc;... aaaaaaarrgh!!!

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

Yeah, my 2 trapped parcels in Tswane have been scanned, the wheels are beginning to crank!

alloway65    10
alloway65
Yeah, my 2 trapped parcels in Tswane have been scanned, the wheels are beginning to crank!

You are lucky they were not "scammed"!!!:rolleyes:

I have a couple of parcels stuck there as well.